Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Smile Extended Warranty

I would like to know what companies are good to buy my Extended Warranty from. I have a Good Sam Quote but don't know where else to look. New to this. Bought a 2009 Fleetwood Pace Arrow with 2900 miles on it now.

Jba31857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to irv2. Just go to our search tab and you'll get plenty of previous threads that will assist.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
There are several extended service contract companies in business. You've already gotten a quote from Good Sam, Wholesalewarrantees.com is another broker, I forget the rest I've seen. Good Sam and wholesalewarrantees.com are brokers for the actual companies.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
We bought ours thru Wholesalewarrentss.com which is a broker. The actual policy was written by Proteck and we've used them twice this year with NO issues at all. Whole sale warrenties comes highly recommended on another RV Forum that is comprised mostly of full timers.
2012 Journey 40U (Our Incredible Journey)
2008 Dodge Dakota
2004 Subaru Baja
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #5
Yep, we also went through Whole Sale warranties. Have also used them twice without so much as a whimper from them. My policy is with XtraRide.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
XtraRide and Coach Net are respected companies. I have XtraRide and have been pleased with them.
John- 2011 Fleetwood Southwind 32V
catonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
Yep, we also went through Whole Sale warranties. Have also used them twice without so much as a whimper from them. My policy is with XtraRide.
I went to WW website and filled in my info....4 or 5 days later they gave me a call and asked some particulars about my used class c (FW Majestic 23a). Was told they would immediately sent me a quote.

Another 4 or 5 days went by when I got a phone call asking if I had any questions about the quote they sent me. Informed them I never received one. Apologized and said they would FWD me the original email immediately.

Waited 45 minutes and called them back. Told them I still hadn't received my quote. Apologized once again, and 5 minutes later a quote was in my mailbox. Someone typed "FWD" in the subj line....but it wasn't a forwarded email.

Opened quote and it turns out it was a quote for someone else. Replied back
'Who is Bob" (my names not Bob) and did he get MY quote for his Fleetwood.

4 days later again got an email response with MY correct quote. Interestingly enough, it was the same price as Bob's

Both quotes which were sent to me were for 4 years with Cornerstone. Responded back that the warranty being offered by Cruise America is the same 4 year Cornerstone policy, but CA's is $900 cheaper.

Haven't heard back from them yet....guess in a couple more days
2007 Four Winds Majestic 23A,
1982 Jeep J20 Truck, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2006 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon, 2008 Jeep Commander
Md_06Unltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been impressed with Cornerstone out of Hickory, NC. I've had a couple of claims since getting my used coach in April and they have paid promptly. In fact, a local RV repair shop who recently replaced my defective inverter told me they had never worked with any warranty company that was as accommodating as Cornerstone.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
Fleetwood Owners Club
Do you really think you need an extended warranty on a 2009 coach with 2900 miles on it? Your money may be better spent having the coach gone over and service as needed to give you a base line. If you do the maintenance, your coach's systems should outlast any ESP you will pay thousands for.

Steve & Beth - Milton, New York
2006 Monaco Knight 38 PDQ
Ready Brute Elite-2008 Hummer H3
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote