Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #1

Has anyone had any recent dealings with Lyndon-DFS Warranty Services?? At the advice of the dealership where I purchased my RV I also bought an extended warranty plan from Lyndon-DFS, called the Platinum Motor Home Plus. (The purchase date was 8/15/01.)
I recently had a problem with my RV which required towing a considerable distance and then subsequent repair. At that time, and ever since, I have been trying unsucessfully to locate this company.

An internet search brought up their name, but the numbers listed were either "not a working number", or belonged to a different and unrelated business.

??Sounds like bad news??!!
jhruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #2

Has anyone had any recent dealings with Lyndon-DFS Warranty Services?? At the advice of the dealership where I purchased my RV I also bought an extended warranty plan from Lyndon-DFS, called the Platinum Motor Home Plus. (The purchase date was 8/15/01.)
I recently had a problem with my RV which required towing a considerable distance and then subsequent repair. At that time, and ever since, I have been trying unsucessfully to locate this company.

An internet search brought up their name, but the numbers listed were either "not a working number", or belonged to a different and unrelated business.

??Sounds like bad news??!!
jhruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I would call the dealer that sold me the warranty. If the company was out of business I would ask the dealer for my $$$$ back.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #4

If I remember correctly Lyndon-DFS was bought out by GE Financial Group and they are honoring all the warranty claims and contracts that were written.

Sorry, I don't have any contact information.
Did you talk to your dealer about this issue.
Another thing is WarrantyExperts.com used to use Lyndon-DFS as there underwriter, I purchased one of the Lyndon-DFS policies on our 2003 coach we used to have right before the sold to GE. When I traded our coach in, WarrantyExperts.com got the refund for me and I applied to my new policy.

You might try contacting WarrantyExperts and they can get you a contact number.
Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #5

The DFS warranty is now GE- DFS at 800-736-9196 or 800-266-4009. I have never had a problem with them. Administered by Warranty Business Services Corporation (WBSC). They administer from Florida, but may have been in Missouri (800-950-6060, 14755 N Outer Fourty Rd., #400, St Louis, MO 63017.
RCBartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #6

I had similar problems with Lynldon -DFS. I was just notified by my dealer that they were purchased by Protective Life.

Apparently they still insist on claims within 60 days, so I hope this doesn't come too late. I can't vouch for the accuracy, as I'm sending my claim in today.

Mailing address:

Protective Live
Attn: Jamie at Protective Life
14755 North Outer Forty, Suite 400
Chesterfield, MO 63017

Needed:
1.You must still own the RV and be able to provide notarized proof of ownership
2.No claims on the service plan during full term
3.Copy of original contract
4.Plan must have expired
5.Must make claim within 60 days of expiration
ken-ed-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:18 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lyndon Property Services is a unit of Protective Life. Went to www.protective.com but could not find anything on Lyndon. Sent them an email asking how the ratings companies rate Lyndon. No reply yet.

The phone # 800-950-6060 is a good number and Protective Life mailing address is OK, but I have St. Louis 63017 and a name of Nona M. Schroder.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #8

The address I posted on 12/8 is good.

Imagine my surprise when I opened what looked like junk mail and found a check from Lyndon for almost $1000. No messages....No "Thank you for your business"....No nothing - but a check.

Good luck to you others. Feel free to pass along this info to any other sites where appropriate.
ken-ed-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #9

Has anyone heard of the Price Refund Guarantee through the service agreement with The DFS Advantage? We purchased our travel trailer 2/2001 and purchased the optional service agreement. I was told that if we did not use the service within the 7 years that we would receive the $$ back. Well now I am going around in circles being that the RV dealer has changed owner ship, and of course noone knows about it. Then I contacted DFS who then referred me to Protective, who then referred me back to the dealer because I need some form stating I get the Price Guarantee Refund. Has anyone had this same issue?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #10

I just talked to the claims department in Florida at 1-800-736-9196.

THey told me that my 4 year old plan is still active under 'Platinum' and what that all covered.

They also told me to call Lyndon - DFS for information, to check on money back if you don't use the plan. I was not able to get through on that number - so I am glad to get your other information about GE buyout.
There is a small print reference to 'GE Warranty Business Services' on the bottom of the pamplet I recieved "Motor Home Plus" so that was going to my next try.

Hope this is helpful
wyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #11

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Wyne, welcome to iRv2.com
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #12

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
JRCO927 , Welcome to iRv2.com
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote