Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #1

Our hydro hot system had to replaced recently. Luckily we have an extended warranty. The replacement of the system was authorized (finally)and the system was replaced. When we went to pick up the coach we found that the warranty company only paid a portion of the shipping charge (almost $700) to get it to the repair facility. There is nothing stated in our contract stating anything regarding shipping charges and we feel that the entire amount should be covered. How else will they replace the item without actually getting it to the repair facility? When I questioned the company on this their resonse was "it doesn't say we will pay for shipping at all so we were basically doing you a favor". I am not accepting that and am wondering what other's opinions are of this. Thank you!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #2

Our hydro hot system had to replaced recently. Luckily we have an extended warranty. The replacement of the system was authorized (finally)and the system was replaced. When we went to pick up the coach we found that the warranty company only paid a portion of the shipping charge (almost $700) to get it to the repair facility. There is nothing stated in our contract stating anything regarding shipping charges and we feel that the entire amount should be covered. How else will they replace the item without actually getting it to the repair facility? When I questioned the company on this their resonse was "it doesn't say we will pay for shipping at all so we were basically doing you a favor". I am not accepting that and am wondering what other's opinions are of this. Thank you!!

Old 06-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Most insurance policies of this type do NOT pay for parts shipping. So basically they are doing you a favor by paying some of the cost.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #4

Shipping charge of almost $700.00?????? What did they do? Charter a plane to fly it in???
Old 06-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
They did them selves a favour by not telling you about shipping costs ahead of time.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #6

Yes, the freight charge was $695.55 (the labor was only $560!). We were not offered any type of shipping options, it was just shipped! I just don't feel it's right for them to choose to pay a portion of it, and then say "it doesn't say we will pay and it doesn't say we won't pay for freight". By paying a portion I feel they are setting a precedent that says they do in fact pay for freight. I have nothing in my contract that says they don't pay for it. Their response was that they couldn't afford to pay any more than they already did on our claim!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Another Ex Warranty horror tale. I have sure heard/read alot of these. I am wondering how much did the unit weigh? $700 freight seems excessive on the surface, but if they shipped common carrier because it is heavy, than may not be that far out of line.
I have some form of oil/hydraulic fluid leak in my 01 Monaco DIP, so I am about to have my first EW claim through Good Sam. Not sure if it is a major repair or not until I take it to the dealer next week....but something is leaking. I can't wait for the aggravation once I find out what's wrong and how much it will cost to repair!!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

The shop did you a disservice by quoting the parts price "FOB" from the vendor rather than the delivered price to the shop, but hey! Your extended warranty coverage isn't their problem, right? But you would have been equally surprised if you were paying for it yourself and the bill came to $700 more than the estimate because of shipping.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote