Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fantastic Fan - Not working - Any ideas??

We just purchased a new (to us) Sea View... Its a 1999 and the main living area is equiped with a Fantasic Fan with the rain sensor. When we first got the rv it worked just fine, now the fan won't rotate... The lid will go up and down but the fan won't spin. We've checked the fuse in the fan and the wiring on the fan...
Any suggestions???
TheBeachHous is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeachHous View Post
We just purchased a new (to us) Sea View... Its a 1999 and the main living area is equiped with a Fantasic Fan with the rain sensor. When we first got the rv it worked just fine, now the fan won't rotate... The lid will go up and down but the fan won't spin. We've checked the fuse in the fan and the wiring on the fan...
Any suggestions???
I had the same problem with our coach not long after we bought it. What I found was that there is a ground wire that that goes to the plunger switch under the lid. I removed the plunger switch and thoroughly cleaned the ground connection (It was dirty and corroded). Put it all back together and it's worked fine ever since. Hope this helps.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Call Fantastic Fan - they have GREAT customer service people. 800-521-0298

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Also check the that all the wire connections at the wall on/off switch are tight--I had that issue in a previous coach.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #5

Fantastic Fans are guaranteed for life and no questions asked. Call them up and they will help you figure out what the problem is then send you the part to fix it.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Fantastic Fans are guaranteed for life and no questions asked. Call them up and they will help you figure out what the problem is then send you the part to fix it.
Really? Wow. That explains a lot! I emailed their tech support last week. We had picked up a 2004 trailer with a fan, and I managed to break it on day 2. I literally pulled on one of the knobs, and the whole assembly fell off in my hand. I emailed them to see what it would cost to fix it, and a new part has already been shipped out to my house, free of charge. It was such a great experience, I was looking for an excuse to buy another one of their fans.
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Open cover by hand, take a 9/16" wrench, go up on roof, find the plunger switch, tighten the nut. It should work fine then.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:55 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had the same problem. One day I turned it on and the lid opened but the fan would not run. I called Fantastic Fan's customer service and they suggested that I open the cover, remove the plunger from the top, and clean the contacts with a spray contact cleaner. What I found when I removed the plunger was that there was no wire attached to it. The ground wire plugs onto the bottom of the plunger switch. After removing the fan from the inside of the coach, I found the ground wire laying there. Once it was re-attached, it worked great and I have not had a problem since.
Mountain Master Motorcycle Lift, 2018 Harley Davidson CVO Limited
wlf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:05 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Excellent suggestions to help and as mentioned their fans are guaranteed for life. One of the best compainies I have ever worked with. Give them a call they for sure will help you out.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #10

We have a similar fan in our bathroom. The rotary switch has settings 0-1-2-3. There is also an on/off rocker switch. The newer ones have an additional emergency rotary switch for opening and closing the cover.

If the 0-1-2-3 rotary switch is in the 0 position the cover can be raised and lowered with the emergency rotary switch but the fan will not operate. Putting the switch in the 0 position locks out the fan on/off rocker switch (and the wall mounted switch if you have one).

For the fan to operate properly the 0-1-2-3 rotary switch must be in either the 1-2-or 3 setting and the rocker switch must be in the ON position. The rocker switch is used to manually turn the fan on and off while allowing the cover to remain open.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Written warranty for Fantastic Fans is for two (2) years, but company apparently has a unwritten policy of assistance for their products, without regard to age.
I have called them for assistance numerous times, and they have always given me advise and free parts as necessary to repair my fans.
So give them a call to discuss your problem, and I am quite sure they will solve your problems.
They are truly a Fantastic Company with service to match!
CarlGeo
CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The Fantastic Vent Fan company described in a single word "is" "Fantastic."

Drop them a call and the resolution to your problem will be forth coming at little to no cost. Fantastic will only be billing for shipping and that's it in my experience on an 8 year old fan. They sent me everything I needed the first time and the fan is now working fantastically.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Plunger switch---every year I hit ours with some spray lube and push it up and down----then everything is fine.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 03:10 PM   #14

I have a 99% new automatic fan used really only a couple times due to coach being stored for med reasons...Just checking everything one day..and the fan works as it should but will NOT open and close when turned on as it should. I recall when I put it in...I was very impressed, quiet and strong.....but just quit lifting the cover. Manual bath one is perfect...any ideas appreciated. Can it be fixed from inside?? I am 75 and prefer not to crawl around on the roof ) But I can manage one careful trip for a repair if I have to ..Tnx
Ttommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan