Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #1

My coach is 10 years old and both electric roof vents were not working properly. The plastic was old and cracked and the fan blade scrubbed on the side.One of the circuit boards blew out and the crank knob on one unit broke away from the base. The motors and the outside roof vent was fine but everything else was a mess. I called Fantastic Vent to see if I could get new plastic parts. I could then transfere all the controlls from the old to the new. Needed a new control board as well.

Hears the good news!! Fantastic Vent replaced all the interior plastic, controls,boards rain sesor. The whole deal (except the motor and roof mounting, they were ok), FREE OF CHARGE. I was dumbfounded. The fans arrived in about three days and were easy to install.

Just thought I would pass this on.

Their phone number is 810-724-3818

Be sure you have your vent model number available.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #2

My coach is 10 years old and both electric roof vents were not working properly. The plastic was old and cracked and the fan blade scrubbed on the side.One of the circuit boards blew out and the crank knob on one unit broke away from the base. The motors and the outside roof vent was fine but everything else was a mess. I called Fantastic Vent to see if I could get new plastic parts. I could then transfere all the controlls from the old to the new. Needed a new control board as well.

Hears the good news!! Fantastic Vent replaced all the interior plastic, controls,boards rain sesor. The whole deal (except the motor and roof mounting, they were ok), FREE OF CHARGE. I was dumbfounded. The fans arrived in about three days and were easy to install.

Just thought I would pass this on.

Their phone number is 810-724-3818

Be sure you have your vent model number available.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

David, I recently purchased a 2005 Aluminum Trailer Company Stacker trailer which had Fantastic Vents on the roof.....The covers were broken and when I called to inquire I explained I was the second owner and the gentleman said NO PROBLEM!!

Took my address and sent the covers out NO CHARGE!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #4

I also requested a part and received it about 4 days later at no charge. I am at present replacing the fan in the kitchen of my new 06 Voyage with my old Fantastic Fan I removed before I traded in the old one. It is hard belive that Winabago installed the cheapest model they could in the kitchen area and the old 1980 model fan in the bathroom.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
GLTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

That company truly is one of the best - if not the best - when it comes to customer service. My new Allegro Bus came with tinted covered on it. I wanted to install the black MaxAir FanMate hood covers over them so that I could use the vents in the rain or when driving down the road. However, it gets pretty dark withthe dark hoods and tinted vent lids so I called them up and told them I wanted to order a set of clear covers and upgrade to the insulated covers (dual pane plastic - makes a huge difference regading condensation in cool weather). He said he'd send them out. I asked how much and he said "we don't charge for parts". I explained that there was nothig wrong with the old covers and that I just wanted to upgrade to the insulated ones and let some more light in. He still said "no problem. We'll still send them out no charge". Now if that doesn't inspire customer loyalty I don't know what does. Especially seeing as how their fans work very well and have never given me a lick of trouble. On my planet we'd give them three thumbs up.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I too have had excellent, free service from Fantastic Vents, replacing a motor that was putting interference on my tv screen. However, I have received the same great service for my MaxxAir powered vent when the control on that malfunctioned long after the warranty had ended. I'd say this is a case where we consumers have benefited greatly from active competition in the vent fan market!
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:34 AM   #7

I, too, am a very happy Fantastic Customer. The fan on my 2000 Fleetwood Southwind started making a harmonic sound at low speed which drove me nuts. I called to simply ask if a good lubricant would stop the sound. A few days later a box showed up at my door with a new fan and a prepaid return document via UPS to send the old fan back. No Charge. That's how customer loyalty is won.

2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels
samabago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #8

I agree. I had a stripped gear used for raising the vent lid. I called about the gear and was sent the motor and gear, the lifting arm, and motor cover, all at no cost. Great service. When the rep started talking about replacing the motor and lift arm, I said I wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much money on a ten year old fan. He said, no problem, were sending it all at our expense. I couldn't turn that down.