Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I guess it probably takes us about an hour, depending on what we have out (chairs, lights, etc.), and whether I need to dump and rinse the black tank. We always us a checklist and try not to be in a hurry.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You have gotten some great answers and I agree with them. Like everything else, it depends on you and your setup and your experience. I watched a neighbor in the park I am in spend about an hour and a half just getting his car on a tow dolly and strapped down and the lights connected and tested. There were two of them working on it and I have no idea why it took so long. I have watched another RVer get his done in about 20 minutes. If you tow a car four wheels down it may only take you 5 minutes to hook it up and get the brake and lights connected. Others may take longer. I know some people who leave toasters and coffee pots on the counters while driving. I would never do that so it takes me a little longer to put them away. Some people load up their bed with "stuff" and others don't. We have a room size carpet in our living room that goes over the cheap worn carpet that is built in. It takes me 2 or 3 minutes to roll it up and put it on the sofa for travel. Some people clean house before leaving - we don't. So you see it varies from person to person. I think 30 minutes to 2 hours is a good rule of thumb. If you are retired, it doesn'tmatter how long it takes. If you are not retired then you need to retire as soon as possible. Happy RVing!
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote