Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Firestone tires

I'm thinking of purchasing 255x70x22.5 Firestone 560 tires for my motorhome and I'm looking for input as to problems or what you have to say about these tires. Thanks to all..........

two gone rvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry, but I'll never trust Firestone

Bridgestone IS great!!!

I know, I know.. they are both owned by Bridgestone.... I have always liked and trusted Bridgestone, and I'm not aware of any major issues like Firestone had. What they did twice is unforgivable. I understand there are many loyal Firestone ppl.

Fleetwood Providence 2008 40e
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel 6.0L 2006
Honda CR-V 2006
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
two gone, I'm running Firestone tires on my second RV and have them on my Ford Superduty truck as well. No issues with any of them. I'll buy them again when I need tires on my other pick up.

1999 Gulfstream Ultra Class C, Ford 450/V10
16' Pace Utility
Watch out Yard Sales; Here we come!
tnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have Firestones on our motorhome, and yes I will replaace with the same when it's time. The ride is outstanding, even sometimes @ 70mph+, still smooth as silk. BTW they are really good in rain......Good luck,
David G.
USAF 1959-1963/ JFK Innaguration parade 1961,
1997 Fleetwood Southwind 37Y, 460 ENGINE on FORD chassis, Power Platform with Tag Axle.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
But Firestone is part of Bridgestone these days. Odds are the Firestone 22.5's are just the Bridgestone with a different name embossed on the side.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My person opinion on Firestones is I would just as soon have a wagon with square wheels. I have had nothing but problems with any Firestone Tire I have owned.

Had excellent service from Bridgestone (Japanese made), Sumitomo and Michelin.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote