Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Fixed My Foggy Window

The entry door window on my Monaco Diplomat had fogged up to a point that driving the MH was unsafe. I called Monaco about a replacement and they wanted $450 for the glass only, plus shipping, with a four week delivery. I asked for a Monaco part number and what manufacturer built the original window. They gave me the part number and listed Atwood as the Manufacturer. I called Atwood and spoke with a Ms Sue Phillips, she e-mailed me a print based on the part number I gave her. I checked the dimensions of my foggy window against the print and everything checked out. I called Ms Phillips back, placed my order and seven days later the replacement glass was delivered to my house, $150 plus shipping. Today I pulled the foggy window out, took the foggy glass out of the frame, cleaned the frame, installed the new glass into the frame, and reinstalled the window into the door. It fit perfectly! I have to compliment Ms Phillips, she was a joy to work with, extremely knowledgeable, the way customer service should be. Much Thanks Ms Phillips!!!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the information and positive thread.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:55 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for that post. Very interesting.I wonder if they would have the new glass for the drivers side? I will have to check that out.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Just an alternative. If you can handle a couple of days with the window out, you can remove the glass and take them to a local glazing shop and have new ones built for even less than the $150. I did mine like that and had the glass tempered as well.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:24 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Slickest1, my drivers side window is a three piece, one bottom sliding, one bottom stationary, and one upper stationary. My bottom stationary has just started to fog up so will eventually need to be replaced. If your windows are Atwood I would give Ms Phillips a call, I'll bet she can help you. If you can't come up with a manufacturers part number, most Atwood windows have a small paper sticker stuck to the inside of the window frame with an "Atwood Part Number" printed on it. Hope this helps and best of luck.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:48 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
You got a great price. I was also going to mention that many places will do the repair, but you got a new one for the repair price. I've dealt with Sue Phillips before, while looking for a different escape window. It seemed like she couldn't help enough. She is a great representative for the country.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:20 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the info. I will call ms Phillips about getting replacement glass for our 04 Bounder. Do they also sell the new seals with the new glass ? Thanks.
TexasBounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
TexasBounder, I'm not sure, I would think they would. Give Ms Phillips a call, she is very knowledgeable and eager to help.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:05 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by u649024 View Post
Slickest1, my drivers side window is a three piece, one bottom sliding, one bottom stationary, and one upper stationary. My bottom stationary has just started to fog up so will eventually need to be replaced. If your windows are Atwood I would give Ms Phillips a call, I'll bet she can help you. If you can't come up with a manufacturers part number, most Atwood windows have a small paper sticker stuck to the inside of the window frame with an "Atwood Part Number" printed on it. Hope this helps and best of luck.
Thanks I will give her a call. They sound like a good company to deal with.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:09 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by u649024 View Post
The entry door window on my Monaco Diplomat had fogged up to a point that driving the MH was unsafe. I called Monaco about a replacement and they wanted $450 for the glass only, plus shipping, with a four week delivery. I asked for a Monaco part number and what manufacturer built the original window. They gave me the part number and listed Atwood as the Manufacturer. I called Atwood and spoke with a Ms Sue Phillips, she e-mailed me a print based on the part number I gave her. I checked the dimensions of my foggy window against the print and everything checked out. I called Ms Phillips back, placed my order and seven days later the replacement glass was delivered to my house, $150 plus shipping. Today I pulled the foggy window out, took the foggy glass out of the frame, cleaned the frame, installed the new glass into the frame, and reinstalled the window into the door. It fit perfectly! I have to compliment Ms Phillips, she was a joy to work with, extremely knowledgeable, the way customer service should be. Much Thanks Ms Phillips!!!!!

coool
i did the exact same thing two seasons ago...called damon and gt the attwood build spec number and BAM a week or so later a new glass arrived
they were great to work with, sent all the seal stuff as well
its great to hear someone else had such a positive result

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window