Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Post Flag pole holder and wind meter weather station

I purchased a weather station from Home Depot from ACU-RITE, that includes a wireless wind sensor. It has a wireless outside temperature and humidity sensor and various mounting brackets. I have had several other brands but they get confused with other wireless devices and have to be reset all the time. This one works all the time and batteries have lasted over 6 months now. I wanted the wind meter, to view the gusts and wind speed for, my bring the awning in decision maker. I don't have an automatic awning. This has so much information for the $89.00 I paid for it. Clock barometer date wind etc. I tried to mount it to the top of the ladder and it worked great until a brushed by a bush at a park and it broke. I have tried to figure out how to attach it so I don't have to crawl up the ladder to change batteries and have the wind blowing on it while driving. FYI, here is what I did. Installed a 1' pole buddy which is set up for the right side of the ladder. Their 1.5 and 2 pole holders go on the left side. Their idea is so unique and works so easy to insert poles from the ground. Flagpole Buddy ~ 1.0" Mounts (Pole not included) The 1" holds 3/4" schedule 80 or 40 PVC perfectly. I used schedule 80 and the wind sensor has a bracket the fits 3/4" PVC so I glued it on. Now I can take the wind sensor off before travel. Deluxe Weather Station Forecaster - 00825 at The Home Depot PS: I made another little Don't forget tag for my steering wheel so I remember to take it down. By the way the wind sensor and mounting bracket was replaced for $6.00. Also Flag Pole buddy has great customer service.
JimO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good tip. I've been looking at those weather stations for some time. Now I'll know how to mount it. Thanks much.

Jack
Jackm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
That's a nice looking weather station and great idea for the flagpole mount. I've got an outdoor wireless thermometer, but never had a good place to put it, but the entire weather station seems like a much better idea.

I'll add that to my list of things to get over the Winter and have ready for next year.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wink Temperature sensor

I put the separate temperature sensor that comes with it under the slide out in a protected area. This way the direct sun or any engine heat can affect it. It is away from the generator, generator exhaust, fridge, furnace and water heater too. Much more accurate here but not so much when the slide is in. There is a perfect spot close to the outside where one of the pull in arms are. I put a piece of gorilla tape to hole it there but easy to get out and replace batteries. If you put it here be sure and check the spot so you don't crush it when you pull the slide in. I put a couple of cubes of butter in there to see if my measurements were off, and all was well. The main unit is on the wall between the couch and dinette at about 5'. That way I get an outside wall inside temp reading, to kind of correlate from the main thermostat reading, which is located in the middle of the coach. Good place to have a clock too.
JimO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagpole holder, weather, wind