Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-06-2007, 02:40 AM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
I just had the same experience on my 1996 Pace 35W F53 460. The chassis battery would not stay at full charge. If it sat for a week it would go dead. New battery from Advance Auto cured it. If you call Fleetwood Customer Service (800-322-8216+1+2) have your Model & Serial numbers ready, they will probably be able to send you all the information for your coach. They did for my 1996 including the original sales brochure.

96 Pace Arrow Vision 35 W/09 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4
Some posts have up to 5 lines in what I presume is the signature area. But I can only fit 3 lines in.
joneldbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2007, 04:03 AM   #16
<span class="ev_code_RED">Just to clarify...</span> on the original posters 2004 Southwind 32VS, the AUX refers to the two 6-volt house batteries under the entry door steps and the MAIN is the single 12v chassis battery found in the engine compartment. The two labeled disconnects over the front door will disconnect either the Main or Aux.

Very easy to mix up Aux with Main and vice versa when you are having a conversation about them...

BillArf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:20 AM   #17
Original poster here!

Thanks to all who responded. I haven't reponded for a few days because thanks to your help, I was able to salvage my weekend plans. The battery was indeed, dead. I was able to replace it in time to make our weekend plans a success. Thanks to all who responded and I will use the Fleetwood link to get the always helpful manuals.

Now for winterizing! I need to search the forum first to see if I can find info regarding blowing out the lines with air versus using the anti-freeze mixture. I would think this have been covered previously.

Thanks again! Tracy
Tracy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:47 AM   #18
Yes it has, but a quick primer. If you blow it out be careful no to use too much pressure. If you are in an area that it gets substantially below zero C for long periods I would use antifreeze as well. Having been in the business I have seen my share of damage due to improperly winterized RV.
2004 CRV
Brake Buddy Blue Ox Aventa II
Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:40 AM   #19
i am also having a battery problem.
i just got my 2004 rexhall aerbus and we are having a rain/wind storm so i wanted to bring in my slideouts so i turn on the chassis and i turn the key so i can move the slideouts then lights on my slide out control panedl ( i have the one with levers not automatic) all went red and then my radio face went dead and now i cant get my engine to turn over or the radio to work or move my slideouts. please help..its been one thing after another since i have gotten my rv.
shadowgaurdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:14 AM   #20
Sounds like loose/corroded battery connection(s).
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:26 PM   #21

but in both my chassi and coach batteiers? ill give it a try once the rain stop. thanks
shadowgaurdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:37 AM   #22
One battery powers the panel that powers the connections.

Try the boost switch.

What are the measured voltages at the batteries?
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:48 AM   #23
I think" guys " got to invest in a voltmeter and have someone show you how to read at least the 12 volt side of meter-Fishing for stuff that went wrong by itself will happen but a voltmeter will put you in the right direction-RV winterizing- I overdo that a bit BUT never had any problems in the spring,CAMPING WORLD sell a fitting to hook to the water side of MH, I regulate my compressor down to 20psi open all the faucets till nothing but air comes out-I assume your water heater plug is pulled and heater drained, flip valve to shut off water to heater-I disconnect suction side of 12 pump and made up hose to hook to pump,I put hose in gallon jug then run one faucet at a time till pink stuff comes out, I do this couple times around, I then pour 1/2 gallon in stool-qt in each sink,shower,outside shower,then whatever I have left I pour into my empty fresh water tank-Yea I use about 10 gals. but never have a problem and in the spring when we hit the road everything is secure till we get to warm weather-Best 30 bucks I spend each fall Rich
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #24
I am assuming your RV probably has the Ford 460 motor. If you have an automotive battery charger, manually charge both batteries, clean the battery connections real good. After you reconnect the batteries apply lithium grease to the outside of the battery terminal connector to prevent further corrosion. If this doesn't work check the alternator and voltage regulator. If it tries to turn over spray a puff of starting fluid into the air intake on the engine then hold the gas pedal to the floor while you attempt to start it. Do not pump the gas pedal or you will flood the engine. The idea is to give the motor as much air as possible so it will turn over. If you get it running, race the engine gently until your confident the motor will stay running without your foot on the gas pedal. I'd also put some fuel stabilizer in the gas tank and let it sit a awhile before your attempt just in case you have any bad gas in the tank.

cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote