Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Flexsteel Recliner/swivel base

Has anyone out there had any success tightening the swival base on one of thes recliners? Mine has loosened up to the point that it rotates freely. Inspection has revealed the swival plates separate from one another upon lifting the chair up.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I had to tighten the swivels on my Cockpit Chairs and found the Cotter Pins had sheared. After tightening them and installing new Stainless Steel Cotter Pins they have worked fine.
Dick
Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
OK, let me ask a related question without getting yelled at for hijacking the thread : Can I move the location of my captain's chairs just by drilling new pilot holes and moving the seat? Or is there some other magic act needed?
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Goodness! I ask a question about a recliner swival base and the only comments are on captains chairs!!

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

You might contact Flexsteel about this problem - sometimes they are very generous about fixing failures like that.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:57 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our captain chairs both swivel and recline. try going to www.flexsteel.com and find a local retailer. flexsteel does not sell retail, but a local dealer may be able to assist. Havent seen any replies directly to your problem so this may be a good place to start. Good luck.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:19 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Relocate chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbounder View Post
OK, let me ask a related question without getting yelled at for hijacking the thread : Can I move the location of my captain's chairs just by drilling new pilot holes and moving the seat? Or is there some other magic act needed?
Helped a friend do just that as his wife is only 4ft. tall and could not reach the pedals. You did not state which way you wanted to move them or wheather it was driver or passenger side, so here are a few things to consider. Moving them so far forward that there is no leg room. To far to the rear and they may interfear with a slide. Electrical connection for power seats may have to be relocated. Also they may not be able to recline or rotate after relocation. It is doable but a few things need to be checked before permantly mounting.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote