Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #29
Hey Darryl,
Yeah, floor is GOOD Just started when I turned the water back on.

We have not used the RV in 6 months or maybe even longer been sitting.
So I guess it is not too bad just a loose fitting .

Could have been worse.
but I am going to change the anode rod in the water heater too, when I turned on the water and filled everything black particles came out of the tap for a little bit and last place we were at had very hard water.
probably need to replace tank but will wait and see.

I hate plumbing
I have been an electrician for years then appliance technician started my own company.
liked electrical way better....I never had a leak doing wiring.

1994 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE 32 CB F53 chassis

2007 Toyoata Prius Hybrid
antlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #30
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is my first time on this site, but I did look at those photos and wow what a nice job. We have soft spot also caused by a leaking connection where spray comes into toilet. Just a few drops but it did soften the floor. This might make it possible to repair myself.

CP1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #31
Welcome to the forum.

Lets just say if I could do it, I am sure anyone can.

Get on it while it is a small spot, it will be easier to control.
Our spray was leaking also , I did notice that the supply going into the water valve was loose too.

Good luck, you can do it!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #32
Monaco Owners Club
Welcome CP1245. You should go ahead and take up the toilet and tile in the affected area to see how bad it is. By all means,don't wait or it will grow. I think everyone with a toilet like ours should inspect the fittings, spray, and flush it while watching. My vacum breaker would spew out water everytime I flushed, but not enough to run out from behind the toilet.
Smyrna GA
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:02 AM   #33
I have to ask you this, after about 5 days of using the toilet after the repairs to the floor have been made we found it started to leak around the floor flange gasket. the fix was just to tighten the toilet bolts down a little more as we used it.

Just wondering if yours did the same. or maybe I just did not tighten down enough first time.

also how's the carpeting coming around door area?
have not seen any post latly...is motorhome repair month over for you? I think your write ups are very good and informative also great pics.

I have a long long list still ahead

Old 10-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #34
Can you send the pictures and more detail. We are having the same rotten floor problem.

tgilland4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #35
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
Okay, I've finished this project and put the photos into my Photo Bucket space. Here is the link:

HR Toilet Floor Rebuild Photos by n2chows | Photobucket

This is one job I'm glad to get finished. For some reason, when you upload to Photo Bucket, it arranges the pictures in backward sequence. If some of you know the cure for this ailment, please let me know. For this reason, they may be in the reverse order of how they really happened. I hope this helps someone else when they decide to tackle this project.

nicely done

2001/2 Monaco Dynasty Chancellor 41 Tag Axle
370 ISL Allison MH3000, aqua hot, in motion sat
2008 United UXT 24' 10K car hauler
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote