Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
foggy windows

My pass side front dual pane is foggy and wet inside. I want to pull it out and try a do-it-yourself repair. I've read someone's website who did this, but can't find it.

The guy was a single full-timer, he spends a lot of time in mexico, lives on a tight budget, and has a lot of cool tech articles on his site.

Anyone remember, got a link?

I really gotta stop getting new computers, seems I lose all my favorites every few months.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Could you be thinking of Tioga George?

RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
Could you be thinking of Tioga George?
Don't think so... This guy runs an older DSDP
Old 04-11-2010, 02:22 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
My pass side front dual pane is foggy and wet inside. I want to pull it out and try a do-it-yourself repair. I've read someone's website who did this, but can't find it.

The guy was a single full-timer, he spends a lot of time in mexico, lives on a tight budget, and has a lot of cool tech articles on his site.

I really gotta stop getting new computers, seems I lose all my favorites every few months.
the search function for ''foggy windows'' provided this link. it is in post #5 and is a pdf file. there are other posts on this subject.

Foggy Window Fixed!
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
thanks Dan, not exactly what I was looking for, but a big help indeed.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Jim. I just finished doing my drivers side window on a '98 Bounder, it was really fogged and stayed wet inside all the time. I have more time than money so thought I would give it a try and if it didn't work, I would replace it. Nothing ventured/nothing gained. Anyway it was a lot of work and I made a few mistakes but it turned out pretty good. All of my windows have some degree of fogging so now I have the confidence to go ahead a do them all. My slider had a heavy coat of haze (calcium/etching or what ever it is) that was hard to remove. I tried several things to remove it including chemicals and rubbing compound and found that wet sanding it with 1200 grit sandpaper worked the best. You have to keep it really clean and use lots of water (running water best) to keep from scratching the glass. I added a little soap and very lightly hand sanded it out. I tried a vibrator sander but it scratched a little. The hardest thing I encountered was removing the foward frame (with the locking handle) from the window. I tried using a razor blade to cut it loose but it was very difficult to cut through the foam type seal, I tried heating it with a heat gun but that didn't help. I found that soaking it in acetone loosened the sealant enough to pull it off but it also took some of the black paint off, so had to repaint. I injected argon into the new sealed window to purge out any moisture that I may have trapped inside. I think I will test this window for awhile before I do the rest of the coach. Maybe the next one I will take some pictures and post them. If you want more information of how I did it, just ask.
Don
Old 04-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #7

Quote:

I purchased new windows from Atwood for my 1996 Holiday Rambler and replaced them myself. It is really not that dificullt to pull the frames and install the new windows. I did both windows in one day. The LH and RH side windows from Atwood were $140.00 including shipping.
Here is a link for step by step photos.
ArTravler Gallery - iRV2.com RV Photo Gallery
Old 04-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
If they are that cheap... where or how do UI get the part numbers?
I've heard winnie will give them out, will fleetwood?
Everything I call them they want to sell me stuff, guess they get a healthy markup and need every dollar these days...

I only have the passenger seat window that's bad, 3 sections, all bad, visible droplets and a lot of that calcium stuff. It's the wife's window, new would be best.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #9

Has anyone used Suncoast Designers, in Hudson Florida to repair dual "pain" windows?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:01 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post
Has anyone used Suncoast Designers, in Hudson Florida to repair dual "pain" windows?
Yup, and they do a great job.

DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:37 AM   #11

Is this what you were looking for ?

http://www.rampknot.net/window_repai...ndowRepair.pdf
Old 04-30-2010, 06:32 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Yup, that's one of them for sure, thanks.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acker1 View Post
Yup, and they do a great job.

DICK
Thank You!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #14

Quote:
If they are that cheap... where or how do UI get the part numbers?
I've heard winnie will give them out, will fleetwood?
Everything I call them they want to sell me stuff, guess they get a healthy markup and need every dollar these days...

I only have the passenger seat window that's bad, 3 sections, all bad, visible droplets and a lot of that calcium stuff. It's the wife's window, new would be best.

The Tech Rep at Atwood told me how to find the part number for the window. If you will pull all the screws off the inside and remove the inner frame flange you should find the part number for the window assembly somewhere on the inner frame part. Mine was on a slip of paper glued to the flange. Take a look at the photos to see the inner frame removal.