Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #1

Foggy windows in AZ

We are in Glendale (Phoenix) AZ and have a left drivers side window that is foggy. Anyone know anyone that repairs in this area? Coach is a Winnebago, Vectura 2004. We don't want to replace it, we want to repair it.

Thank you!!
David Paul

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #2

Sorry, I do not know of a shop in Phoenix area that does repairs, but I suggest you contact Dave Root in Bend Oregon to see if he is making his winter run to the southwest.
In past years he maked a trip from his home in Bend, down thru California and on to Arizona in January, February bringing his mobile repair shop (trailer), and makes stops along his route to repair customers windows at their homes, etc.
I do not have Dave's contact information, but you can get it on the web with no problem.
A few years ago he stopped by my home and repaired five of my windows in about six hours. They looked like new and still do. He charged about $300 per window. Very professional and compentent.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I live in Glendale, AZ. I have no idea what's involved in repairing the foggy glass, but I have had a great overall experience with RV Master Tech on Glendale Ave.

You might check with them and see if they have a way of fixing it without replacing it. Their number is (623) 932-5444. Sorry I can't help with a technique for doing it on your own.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I had one repaired @ RV Glass Solutions, Motorhome Side Window Repair

RV Glass Solutions 880 S. 67th Avenue PHOENIX, AZ
They did a great job for me last year!

Curt
05 Sig
C&SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPaul View Post
We are in Glendale (Phoenix) AZ and have a left drivers side window that is foggy. Anyone know anyone that repairs in this area? Coach is a Winnebago, Vectura 2004. We don't want to replace it, we want to repair it.

Thank you!!
David Paul
David,
Try RV Glass Solutions. They have their main office in Colburg, Or. but they have a shop located in Phx. Buckeye and 148st as close as I can remember w/o my notes which are at the office. I had all my windows
replaced in the 06 CC Intrigue. YES, that was very disappointing. They were able to fix 3 without replacing them. They said that the others were to sketched. I should have pushed back on some of the others, having them fixed instead of replacing them. But some of them probably did need replacing. A fix entails removing them, cutting them apart, cleaning and then resealing and reinstalling. Same amount of labor, just not the price of the glass. Probably a 45% savings. My best guess.

I was happy with their work, no complaints, no issues since I had it done, which was only 8 months ago. Call me if you need more info.
Norbert
Old 12-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlGeo View Post
Sorry, I do not know of a shop in Phoenix area that does repairs, but I suggest you contact Dave Root in Bend Oregon to see if he is making his winter run to the southwest.
In past years he maked a trip from his home in Bend, down thru California and on to Arizona in January, February bringing his mobile repair shop (trailer), and makes stops along his route to repair customers windows at their homes, etc.
I do not have Dave's contact information, but you can get it on the web with no problem.
A few years ago he stopped by my home and repaired five of my windows in about six hours. They looked like new and still do. He charged about $300 per window. Very professional and compentent.
I also recommend Dave - he just completed his California trip this week. My windows were his last stop and he was heading home on 12/10. He and his business partner showed up right on time and had 5 windows out, cleaned up, and back in in 6 hours. They did excellent work and I'm happy with the results. Cost for 5 windows (with a discount for cash) was around $1600 total. Did all the work right in the storage yard where we store the RV.
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #7

I had one replaced recently and live in the Glendale area. They came to me and charged about $100 for a complete window replacement. Auto Glass Boss - Mesa - Apache Junction - Chandler - Gilbert Arizona
Old 05-31-2015, 01:50 PM   #8

Try Glass Commander in Arizona, the phone number on their business card is 602-266-6263, 602-Command. And they do great work.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:34 PM   #9

thank you for your recent suggeston for foggy windows. We did have the work done by Auto Glass Boss in Glendale/Phoenix area.
They did a good job and were pleasant to work with.
Thanks,
David Paul

Tags
window