Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Fooled by GS ESP web site

Don't make the mistake I did. My own fault I guess. The MH was in the shop to have the fridge repaired (Norcold 1200 LRM not on recall) so I figure I would see if two problems are covered under one deductible. A call to Good Sam ESP says yes. So I ask the repair shop to also fix the A&E Weather Pro awning that retracts on occasion. I first referred to GS web site that says in coverage "electrical and mechanical awning components". Then I call the shop to see how it is going and he tells me they denied the coverage for the awning. So a call back to GS confused. They tell me that my policy was a 2009 and awnings were not covered until Jan 2010. I will have to go home and dig out my policy to check but I bet they are right.

Now I know the fine print is the final answer but wouldn't you think if the awning coverage was new the web page might hint to it. If nothing else to help sell it. Also I did not ask GS to check it when I called to ask about the deductible but but should they have known or checked it out when I said the awning also needs work?

I am writing this off as a dumb mistake, a $1200 one.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Don't make the mistake I did. My own fault I guess. The MH was in the shop to have the fridge repaired (Norcold 1200 LRM not on recall) so I figure I would see if two problems are covered under one deductible. A call to Good Sam ESP says yes. So I ask the repair shop to also fix the A&E Weather Pro awning that retracts on occasion. I first referred to GS web site that says in coverage "electrical and mechanical awning components". Then I call the shop to see how it is going and he tells me they denied the coverage for the awning. So a call back to GS confused. They tell me that my policy was a 2009 and awnings were not covered until Jan 2010. I will have to go home and dig out my policy to check but I bet they are right.

Now I know the fine print is the final answer but wouldn't you think if the awning coverage was new the web page might hint to it. If nothing else to help sell it. Also I did not ask GS to check it when I called to ask about the deductible but but should they have known or checked it out when I said the awning also needs work?

I am writing this off as a dumb mistake, a $1200 one.
Thanks for the heads up. I keep my policy on the MH and will refer to it when something happens.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Here is an update. I got out the new policy they sent because the original is in the MH that is in the shop. The "Deluxe Appliance Coverage" on the new policy does not match their web page. The awning coverage is mysteriously missing on the policy. Now I am beginning to think it was less of a mistake on my part. They don't seem to mind taking your money based on research you did using the information posted on the web site.

Guess if they take care of the fridge we are pretty close to break even and I am just frustrated by these little games but I think I know what to do with the renewal.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote