Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2010, 04:23 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Forum for the physically challenged...

Sometimes I think that we should have a forum section for the physically challenged/handicapped coach owners. We could compare notes on how we handle the situation. How we avoid getting ripped off because we can't change our own oil, test every electrical wire on the coach, crawl underneath to check things out. The forum should be for campers who find refueling and airing the tires and driving the limit of their physical ability. I'll bet there are a lot of us out there who can't "look under the right front frame for a green ground wire and... Or...get up on that roof with your caulk and...) Until then I'll just read all the Winnebago posts and learn what I can and cannot do. Happy Travels, Joe

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #2

Not being disabled, I never the less second your motion.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I think its a great idea! While not there yet, the relentlessly advancing years make it all but certain most of us will be - sometime before we 'want' to give up the RV lifestyle. There could also be lots of 'able bodied' that would like to bring along friends or relatives with physical challenges, but are not sure how to accomplish it.

It could be of value to multiple generations.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Joe,
I think you have a good idea there. Instead of folks who have a physical restriction giving up rving perhaps they can gain knowledge and confidence from other to continue rving. I have posted your suggestion for input from other moderators and administrators.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:39 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay View Post
Hi Joe,
I think you have a good idea there. Instead of folks who have a physical restriction giving up rving perhaps they can gain knowledge and confidence from other to continue rving. I have posted your suggestion for input from other moderators and administrators.
That's great, Thanks, Joe
Old 10-09-2010, 04:51 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
''I'll Help''

Ok Joe,,,,,,,,, here is the short version........
my name is Seajay the sailor man and I drive a 2000 white over brown Pace Arrow with NC tag that says ''CJ & Willa''. (I'm the one with the mushtash, Willa is the pretty one without a mustash and brown eyes) Our toad is a 04 Ford Ranger the color of road dust with a white boat on top.
Here is the deal ...................
If or When you should see me in a campground, parking lot, Flying J, truck stop, Wallyworld parking lot or anywhere my wheels aint moving PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK FOR ASSISTANCE AS NEEDED. You absolutely are not degrading yourself or being a burden to me because of some ''limitation'' you may have. I can check a fuse, change a bulb, check oil, check tire pressure and ''air them up with my new compressor'', I am smarter than any box of door knobs when it comes to electrical problems and if I can see it and lift it, I can usually fix it. (did I mention my new air compressor I carry in the basement?)

Also, UNDERSTAND THIS. All this smartness aint free. There is a standard charge of ten cents blanket fee for any and all assistance rendered concerning my capabilities and experience. (good help aint cheap no more like it use to be)
Also, I, Seajay the sailor man, do extend this offering to any person with ''limitations'', my assistance, as needed. (keep in mind the ten cents blanket fee for services rendered. Dumb looks and drooling are still free) (I also have a new air compressor I carry in my basement for blowing up thingies with...)

Be safe on the road my brother camper and NEVER HESITATE TO ASK FOR HELP AS NEEDED. I am sure there are many others like myself that would be honored to assist as to their capabilities. (and they might not charge the ten cents like I do)

Did I mention that I have a new air compressor that I use for blowing up stuff like tires and other stuff that I carry in my basement and air matresses and bicycle tires and other stuff that you may need ''hot air in'' if there aint no MARINE around close to ''blow hard''......lol........''PING''....... Gotcha Wayne the Marine.....(just staying in practice Wayne. All in fun my brother)

God bless our troops and bring them home real soon ....
God bless our vets ...... They insured our freedom ......

(gotta stop cause I gotta go ''tinkle'')