Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #15

My Bounder did the same thing - drained like it was molasses. I found that by turning the pump on, it speeded up things. Then, I pitched the dumb tiny pull-up valve (it only has a tiny hole, to boot) and installed one of those 90 degree push-on-the-pipe types with a half inch outlet. What an improvement - I attach a garden hose to it and water the flowers, really!
Joe
joe-coachfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #16

Thanks everyone,
I have a 2007 Gulfstream BT Crusier motorhome.
The fresh water drain comes out of the bottomend of the tank, runs horizontal for no more than 6 inches to the slide valve then drops through the floor.
I crawled under the rig and tried to snake the line to no avail.
I then put a gallon of bleach in the tank in case it was mold or algae. Also did not help.
I am happy to hear that others have had a similiar problem and that it was a function of the design.
I think that I will leave it till next fall when it is time to winterize and then replace the slide valve with a ball valve as was suggested above.
Thanks again. we are new at this and it is a real comfort to be able to talk to the "old pros"
Don
don springhetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:04 AM   #17

If you put a gallon of bleach in your fresh water tank, be sure to take a lot of bottled water with you. You sure won't be drinking any water out of that tank!
JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #18

I submit that whoever told you to add a gallon of bleach may be trying for a role in an Alfred Hitchcock movie, wringing his hands and tweaking his moustache. Two cups is probably too much, unless you have a real algae problem. Start with one cup and let it sit for a few (2) hours, then drain, refill, and drain again till the taste is gone.
Joe
joe-coachfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:05 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
I would suggest checking the vent/overflow side of the tank. Not sure how its vented but it should be, air has to have some place to go when filling, and prevent overfilling of tank. If vent is plugged or blocked it will restrict its ability to drain. Some manufactures even installed valves on the vents to prevent tanks from siphoning water out of them.

Spike
08 Ventana 3330
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote