Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #1

Fresh water leak

Hello everyone my freshwater tank is located underneath my bed I have a 30 ft c. And a short queen walk around I noticed water when I went outside and access the back storage it is coming from underneath the bed and leaking through the wall into the back storage. I tried running the Water pump to see where its coming from and did not see anything I believe the leak is behind the tank which is against the wall and I cannot see anything. Any idea or tricks to figure this out thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #2

First thing is drain and dry.

Next check level.

Water flows down hill so leak can be feet away...BTDT...

Look for moist spots or trails as moving water will leave a mark.

If you have gray plastic it coukd be pb pipe...bad news...if not coukd be cracked fitting or loose hose.

Then sneak up on it...do small single steps to isolate source.

Do one thing and if stays dry then do next until leak is present.

Connect city water with dry tank

Disconnect city wster and fill tank

Turn on pump to pressurize system

Run one device at a time

So on...

So fourth...

Also harbor freight has bore camera which can get into tiny places to see things, we used one when we replaced all the water lines in our coach, these things are great for looking behind under and around things.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:16 PM   #3

If the tank is against a rear wall it is not probable that there is a leak there. I would look first at all of the plumbing attachments, connections and fittings. Like Tony I would use a systematic approach. I like to use paper towels to wrap each fitting and connection, as paper will show even a very small leak.

If water was dripping out there must have been significant leakage. Could the problem have come from a tank vent or overflow?
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:46 AM   #4

I'm not sure
Old 09-01-2014, 03:55 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Let's Hope for the Easy Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola ny View Post
Hello everyone my freshwater tank is located underneath my bed...
I had one like this, the problem was literally 1" from the tank itself.

At the factory, the poly tank installed with a molded exit fitting, essentially a 1" diameter stub of thin-walled tubing coming from the bottom corner. PVC tubing was slipped over the stub, secured by a worm-drive furnace clamp.

Over the years, two things happened: the clamp loosened due to vibration; and, the stub collapsed under pressure.

As a result, water began dripping from the fitting. It was slow at first, then became more noticeable.

If you look closely, there is almost certainly some manner of access adjacent such a fitting. It will be easy to see if that is your source. And, the repair might be as simple as slipping an internal shim, like a PVC coupler, into the fitting before tightening. If that is indeed the problem, I like the plumbers grease at the home improvement stores that is essentially the silicone version of Vaseline: it both assists with installing shims and seals once things are in place.

For safety, part of my 6-month checklist is to trace every fitting from curbside to faucet, including the Manabloc, accumulator, pump, lines, each and every connector. Every time, there is something that has begun to loosen and maybe even drip under pressure. There is no pleasure akin to discovering a tiny puddle beneath a sink that would destroy all in its vicinity and induce mold, had it not been found early.

Good luck
Old 09-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #6

My unit is a brand-new unit I went over everything and I do not see anything it is a slow leak. I only seen the water one time underneath the bed access area most of the time the water is in the outside storage in the back of the unit. Like I mentioned earlier one side of the tank is against the wall the wall that connects with the back storage and I do not see anything I would bring it back to the company who made it but there a thousand miles away. Now I'm waiting for a local RV service to schedule me in.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #7

What has the manufacturer said about this?

They may be aware of possible weak spot.

Be sure they are engaged with the repair facility.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:07 AM   #8

I called the manufacturer they said just bring it into a local shop

Tags
fresh water, leak, water, water leak