Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2016, 09:15 AM   #1

Question Fridge runs on A/C spotty on LP

I have a Dometic RM 7732 side-by-side. It cools & freezes great. Lately it has been troublesome on LP. It may run for days or weeks without problem, then it may be days before it will work on LP again.

I've checked all fuses, ground connections, wire terminals, thermocouple, venture, and ignitor tip. If you unplug the AC plug on the outside and wait a few seconds, a relay will click on the PC board. I cannot hear the gas valve or spark ignitor do anything.

Where should I go from here?
Thanks,
Mike Layton
mjlayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2016, 10:11 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you made sure the flue isn't blocked or clogged? Also, check this manual, it has many tests for correcting issues:

http://beamalarm.com/foretravel-link...030_7732SM.pdf

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:11 AM   #3

I'd say you need to check the power supply to the LP solenoid valve when you here the click from the PC board , if you don't get power there then I'm thinking the board is shot. Could be a poor internal connection in the relay on the board that's making the sound and not passing power.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #4

Bob and I have a tie, for the time of a post.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You might want to remove and clean the LPG nozzle. I was having trouble with my Fridge not cooling properly and David Force with RV Cooling Unit Warehouse told me to remove the nozzle, soak it 3-4 hours in 91% alcohol, then blow it out with a high-pressure air hose. You would not believe the gunk that came out of there! Problem solved!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #6

Read the troubleshooting guide. I can't hear the gas valve open or hear any spark from the ignitor. It seems to point to the control panel. ?!?!
Old 05-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlayton View Post
Read the troubleshooting guide. I can't hear the gas valve open or hear any spark from the ignitor. It seems to point to the control panel. ?!?!
Yes you should hear ( and feel if you touch it ) the LP solenoid , and the ignition sequence should all start at the same time.
Some RV parts stores have equipment to bench test the control boards for a final check.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #8

I think it's fixed

I checked everything from a clogged roof vent, to rust on the burner, to poorly aligned thermocouple. Well I got tired of chasing phantoms and ordered a Dinosaur control board. It came today, pulled the old one, set & wired the new one. All the lights on the interior panel were correct, but nothing happened. Propped fridge door open & went outside, (plink) the 120v element came on and began to warm. I unplugged the 120v cord, click, clink, fump, & I had a gas burner going. Let it burn while I put all the covers back on. Still burning after five minutes, plugged in the 120v & it switched over. Happy Day!!!!!

Thanks for all the input,

http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gif
Mike Layton
Old 06-03-2016, 01:58 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlayton View Post
I checked everything from a clogged roof vent, to rust on the burner, to poorly aligned thermocouple. Well I got tired of chasing phantoms and ordered a Dinosaur control board. It came today, pulled the old one, set & wired the new one. All the lights on the interior panel were correct, but nothing happened. Propped fridge door open & went outside, (plink) the 120v element came on and began to warm. I unplugged the 120v cord, click, clink, fump, & I had a gas burner going. Let it burn while I put all the covers back on. Still burning after five minutes, plugged in the 120v & it switched over. Happy Day!!!!!

Thanks for all the input,

http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gif

Mike Layton
Great news Mike! I had to replace our control board with the Dinosaur also!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge