Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #1

front hydraulic jack will not working

We have a lippert hydraulic 3 jack system. The rear jacks go up and down just fine as well as the living room hydraulic slide out room.
Problem is with the front jack that will not go down. The other day I had it go down but not all the way to the ground. It comes back up fine.
Today it will not budge. The hydraulic fluid is full and I can hear the motor when I depress the button for the front jack. There is an allen key slot on the jack.... anyone know what this is for? perhaps a manual operation of some kind?
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #2

correction on title of this thread.... front jack will not go down or front jack is not working
Old 02-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Monacoach,
Consider posting this question in the Monaco Owners Forum. On the iRV2 main page, scroll down about 1/2 way. You'll see the owners forums. I suggest this because nobody knows your coach like somebody who owns one just like yours.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #4

Ok thanks Gary.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #5

Sounds like you might be low on fluid. If it is an HWH system it is probably a 610. There is a metal tank near your pump with a vent on top. on mine you unscrew the vent from the top of that horizontal tank and it has a dipstick under it. HWH uses Dextron transmission fluid. Your front jack is the furthest away from the pump. The springs bring the foot back up.
wolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #6

Thanks for the reply wolf.... I have an appointment May 2 to have this repaired.... I will post their findings......... the pump stopped working and is full of ATF.... so at the very least I need a new pump...... not sure if front jack not working was an electrical issue or mechanical ie stuck valve.... so maybe they will replace the entire unit..... hopefully under extended warranty.......
Old 12-02-2017, 05:21 AM   #7

I forgot to follow up as promised. Better late then never. They replaced the hydraulic pump and it was covered under warranty.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:32 AM   #8

I was going to say, that's one great warranty. Then I looked at the post dates, 2012, then today.
Thanks for getting back to us.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post
I was going to say, that's one great warranty. Then I looked at the post dates, 2012, then today.
Thanks for getting back to us.
Ha! I would love to still have warranty.