Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2015, 08:35 AM   #15

There are always pull down exterior window awnings for the side windows like these.
SL Window Awning - Carefree of Colorado

Over the years I've seen hundreds of motorhomes with them. We have never installed them. In most cases we pick a campsite where the setting sun is on the passengers side of the coach. As the sun gets lower in the sky and starts beating in the windows we extend the patio awning.

As for the valve stem extensions we chose not to put them on our 2013 Adventurer. We had them on our 2001 Adventurer with the TPMS senders. Even though we used solid brass extenders they started showing wear spots where they rubbed against the rims. Some manufacturers make either a plug for the outer wheel or a bracket to hold the extension rigid, but we couldn't find any that would accept the profile of the extensions we needed.

To air up the inner duals I modified the chuck for the air compressor so it fits through the outer wheel and onto the valve stem on the inner wheel. I used this chuck (note the configuration of the foot that fits the valve stem).
SL Window Awning - Carefree of Colorado

I replaced the brass tube between the rubber hose and the foot with a piece of 5/16" steel brake line. The brake line is strong enough to withstand the pressure, and can easily be formed to the necessary profile.

I install the TPMS sensors on the inner wheels by slipping my hand between the tires and starting it on the valve stem. Then I use the wrench that was included in the set to finish the job. It isn't the most convenient, but it eliminates the extension and there's less chance for failure.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #16

I purchased Magneshades for the windshield, drivers window and passenger side 2 windows. Yes, they are expensive but they are really well made and easy to put on and take off. You can see through them during the day so you do not feel closed in.I highly recommend them.

I had a lot of issues with my valve stem extensions even though they were metal extensions. I found the solution recently and I am very happy with them. They are one piece valves that extend through the outer tire. It is easy to check the pressure and since they are one piece, you do not have issues with leaking extensions. They are very well made and come with a piece that goes into the opening in the outer tire so the valve does not vibrate as you drive. My extensions were vibrating a divot out of the outer tire rim hole. If you call them, they will help you find the right kit. Here is the web site:

Dually valve kits for Motor-homes, Busses and 6-wheeled chassis
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
X2 for reflectix. It's not pretty but we have used this for years, and it really works. It's probably less expensive at Lowes or Home Depot.

We don't have a HD here, but Lowes did not stock the 4' wide rolls.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
window