Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2019, 06:38 PM   #393

I'm totally confused. If you use the TSD card at a Loves, do you also need the Love's iphone app?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2019, 06:41 PM   #394

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Love's app allows you to record the EFS number in the wallet so when you pull in you can use your Loves App on your phone to pay for the fuel. Its quicker than pulling the cards out and inserting them but either way works fine.

Hope that helps - Richard
Old 09-15-2019, 06:45 PM   #395

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
I'm totally confused. If you use the TSD card at a Loves, do you also need the Love's iphone app?
No. It is not necessary. You can just use the EFS card at the pump.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
Yes and no. Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

The TSD program uses the EFS payment card. You can use that card at the pump to start the pump and pay for your fuel. End of story, if you wish. You'll get an email overnight with the final reconciliation for the day's transactions, showing the pump price, the discount received, and the fee TSD took.

You can also get one or two apps to go along with this.

The first app you can use is the EFS app which allows you to search for local fuel prices and to see your receipt immediately after the transaction. It will be adjusted slightly during the overnight reconciliation, as that's when TSD takes their fee (10% of the discount you receive at the pump).

The second app you can also get is the Loves app which allows you to start the pump from the app, never having to mess with all the Q&A on the pump itself. However, to use the Loves app to start the pump you need to first add a payment card to the 'wallet' page on the app. If you're going to be using the EFS card to make the payment, then that's the card you add to the Loves app. That way your TSD program discounts will apply.

If you have the Loves app, you should also go inside and get one of their rewards cards like the truckers use. This allows all your purchases at Loves to accumulate points for discounts in the store as well as free showers.

Confusing? Not really, but it can seem like it at first.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #397

Thanks for the explanations!!! Makes perfect sense now. Just submitted the TSD app.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:39 AM   #398

I use the card instead of the Loves app. You slide it in and answer the questions and pump. From what I understand you still have to answer the questions using the app. I take a picture of the final amount, gallons pumped and cost per gallon for my records. If I get to a pump location and I don't have a truck right behind me I may try Loves app to see how it works. I was faster answering the questions the second time that I was the first.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:44 AM   #399

ernieh, to confirm, I also have used my Flying J card at the Pilot truck pumps in Plymouth Indiana. No issues, took on 125 gallons and moved on down the road
Old 09-16-2019, 08:06 AM   #400
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Richard,
I downloaded the Loves app and populated it with my EFS and Rewards card info.

Question: When using the app, scrolling down to "Loves Pay", will that automatically start the pump? How does it know what pump you are on, and how does it know if you need DEF or not. I'm not near a Loves so it doesn't give me buttons to look at.

Thanks.

Edited: Never mind Richard, I found the

Hope it helps others.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #401

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnSue View Post
ernieh, to confirm, I also have used my Flying J card at the Pilot truck pumps in Plymouth Indiana. No issues, took on 125 gallons and moved on down the road

What price did you pay is the question , if the card works does it process the correct price per gallon ? The non commercial price?
Old 09-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #402

Newmar Owners Club
Used the efs card at love's in Gila Bend Az and got an 18% discount...or about 50 cents per gallon. I am pleased to have the additional alternative. PFJ in Phoenix was 3.27 per gallon and Loves in Gila Bend was 2.48 with EFS discount.
Ronjonaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:54 PM   #403

In Az how do you keep from getting charged the taxes that the commercial guys have to pay?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:57 PM   #404

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
In Az how do you keep from getting charged the taxes that the commercial guys have to pay?
Anytime you fuel at a truck pump you will pay the extra 8˘ tax as it is included in the price. You can go inside and have that portion refunded to you. The station uses a log form like the attached to record the transaction.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AZ Fuel Tax Refund Log.pdf (100.8 KB, 54 views)
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:11 PM   #405

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
All the people that say the card works at the few odd states with different truck pricing such as no tax ... Or. extra tax AZ or Indiana whatever the diff is plus or minus.
AGAIN ...... What was the basis of your discounted price per gallon ! ... the commercial truck price or the retail “public” price.
Does nobody LOOK at that? I get that the card works that’s step one. But am I paying the correct price or worse not paying a tax I’m required to pay as the EFS is primarily a “truck” card.
Hey, I love not paying tax... not so much paying too much as AZ would net .... but the govt frowns on me buying fuel without their cut .. the fines are not menial.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:50 AM   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
All the people that say the card works at the few odd states with different truck pricing such as no tax ... Or. extra tax AZ or Indiana whatever the diff is plus or minus.
AGAIN ...... What was the basis of your discounted price per gallon ! ... the commercial truck price or the retail “public” price.
Does nobody LOOK at that? I get that the card works that’s step one. But am I paying the correct price or worse not paying a tax I’m required to pay as the EFS is primarily a “truck” card.
Hey, I love not paying tax... not so much paying too much as AZ would net .... but the govt frowns on me buying fuel without their cut .. the fines are not menial.
Easiest way to confirm would be to go to the fuel desk after filling up and ask. They can pull the transaction on their computer and tell you whether you paid the correct tax, too little, or too much. Adjustments can often be made after the fact as others have said above.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, phone