Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #1

Fuel Pump Voltage

engine has been starting first time everytime. Now its not getting gas. The fuel pump checks out great but its only reading about 8 volts going to it. Its a 1990 460 with the fuel pump mounted on the rail behind the driver side tire. I saw where someone said maybe a fuel pump module. Don't know where that would be or what it looks like lol.
mickeydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #2

LA Gulf Coast Campers
How did you "check out the fuel pump" so that it is great. Did you put 12v to it? I believe a pump on a 12v vehicle expects to receive 12v.. find the reason for the voltage drop.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #3

Yeah I pulled the fuel pump off and ran two wires directly to the battery. I cleaned up the connections, but still don't have 12 volts for it to run. I don't see any inertia shut off. My Haynes book is no help. They say definitely don't run two new wires and by pass anything.
mickeydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:24 AM   #4

Does it tie into the oil pressure switch like a Chevy
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:04 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Not sure if this post is active. Did you find the problem with voltage drop? I've got same problem.
ARFFMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
you have a roll over relay and a fuel pump relay check them both may have burnt contacts.The roll over has a reset button on it. I was using my wiring for this and yours should be the same.A new relay is under $10.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:00 PM   #7

I had a 97 460 and it would vary the voltage to the fuel pump based in demand. Never got far enough into the system to learn much about it but it would read 8v ignition on but not running
RBabb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel