Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #15
Thank you everyone it did turn out it was low batteries

Cola ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #16
Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I'm glad your roasty toasty now!

chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #17
Furnace problems

Hello, I have a 2010 Cardinal that Im having a problem with the furnace. Here in Missouri is very cold and deer Season and I am trying to the furnace for the first time. When you set the thermostat to furnace the furnace will come on as normal however when it cycles after to a three cycles the furnace fails to come on. If I turn the thermostat off and turn it back on it may repeat two to five cycles and again fail. The only way I have found is to set the desired temperature above 80 and the furnace will continue to produce heat however this gets uncomfortable of course. Any help would be appreciated. The thermostat is a four button Duo-therm. I purchased this unit used from the Phoenix Arizona area and from what I can tell the coach was never used.
dm2489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #18
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Improper air/fuel mix and/or clogged flame path (Insects sometimes nest) and/or clogged orifice (Gas jet) again insects like to nest.

The POP was likely a backfire.. The unit is simply not ignighting properly.

Beyond a maintenence run as the first step.>> No recommendations.

If that does not fix it I can post the furnace sequence for DSI furnaces, but.. For now. Start with a standard maintenance run.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #19
I had a similar problem over the weekend hows your battery power Low battery power will not let the fan or blower turn as fast as it needs to.I had 1/3 Power left and it still was not enough
Cola ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #20
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Cola ny View Post
After running the generator for about a 1/2 hr to get heat I shut the generator off waited 10 minutes and then put the furnace on I seem to be getting heat now I notice when I lost heat my battery supply were down to 1/3 can that be the reason for the furnace not given heat because of low battery I'm new to this bear with me
Absolutly.... However it does not explain the pop pop.

Here is part of the operational sequence.

When the furnace starts it first starts the blower, once the blower comes up to speed a sail switch closes, this switch signals the control board to "Light my fire" and make heat.

IF the batteries are low, the blower will NOT come up to speed.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:05 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like blow-back. Could be a partial blockage of the burner or air mixture tube. It is possible that the obstruction was cleared when you heard the pop-pop backfire, but I would still run a baby bottle type brush thru the tubes.
Neal and Deb + Mya and Gizmo, the pup's
2003 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #22
Originally Posted by fun time View Post
Just came back from an RV show and notice that several brands including Winny now have two, yes two big TV's in the salon and another in the bedroom. I can see one in salon and one in the bedroom but why would anyone need two big TV's in the salon? Am I missing something here? How many TV's can you watch at once in one room?
Couple of possibilities here. Triple popping usually occurs when your propane tank is almost empty. Check your stove and water heater. If they don't lit, then your out of propane. Most modern rv furnaces don't use a pilot light anymore. It's pretty much all electronic ignition now. Also in my experience if you exhaust your house battery the inverter will shut down causing you to lose all power. If the circuit board is toast usually your blower motor won't work either. So first check and see if your out of propane. 2. Check the gas control valve, thermal couple and ignition. Probably not a problem. But I'm guessing your out of propane.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #23
There is a high power igniter in the furnace. If your batteries are low it can't light the propane. You'll have the same problem with your fridge when you're running on propane.
Don and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:18 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club

Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote