Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #1

We want to replace the furniture (captains chairs, sofa, recliner) in our newly bought older Rv anybody have any good-bad or ugly on any of the dealers you can find online? The captain chairs are short back I guess, when I set and lean back my head it goes on top of the seat not against it so we want to get the higher back chairs. I heard flexsteel is the best? Any input is greatly apreciated.

1997 Beaver Monterey
Jim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
At least two of the sponsors have furniture.....
Mega RV - used
RV Upgrades - new including flexsteel

Look near the top of a page and find "Vendors".

Hal & Ginny Miller '04 Beaver Santiam PRT40
'04 Saturn Vue - US Gear Brake - Blue Ox tow
4 "girls" (3 Irish Setters - Retriever)
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
I looked on the vender sites and didn't see nything. Where have other rvers gone for updating the rvs?

1997 Beaver Monterey
Jim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Jim try here... several members have used them and liked the quality and fantastic prices

1999 Fleetwood Bounder 32H
Many Places Full Time
No Dog * No Cat * No Co-Pilot
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:08 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bradd & Hall - RV Furniture, Boat Furniture, Flexsteel, Flexsteel Furniture, Villa, Palliser, Lafer, Lambright, Leather Furniture, Bradd & Hall

New and Reconditioned RV Parts & Accessories - RV Surplus
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Take a look at McKinney RV-Alabama RV Dealer, Red Bay AL, RV Service. He has a huge warehouse of used (a lot of it is new from people making modifications to their coaches shortly after purchase) furniture of all sorts. He's located in Red Bay, AL across the street from the Allegro Service Center and campground.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #7
Monaco Owners Club
We recommend any of the previously suggested furniture suppliers except for DiscountVanTruck.

We used them and did not have a happy experience. The only advantage that I can see to dealing with them is that they are definitely cheaper.

For the hassle of doing business with them, they have to be.
Jim & Kate
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel
1995 Monaco Dynasty 36', 2005 Honda Pilot
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
We recently replaced the captains chairs with new Flexsteel from Bradd and Hall. Very satisfied.

2002 Monaco Dynasty Regent, Cummins ISL 400 hp
05 CRV Toad, Roadmaster Falcon All-Terrain Tow Bar and EvenBrake
Keithb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #9
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, this may sound cheap BUT, we completely remodeled our living in the coach and all furniture was from a REGULAR furniture store. We just purchased a jack knife sofa, top brand name, microfiber and leather, for $400.00 and it fits perfect under the window, looks great AND VERY comfortable!! Also we got a used leather euro recliner from Craigs List for 100.00 and after research, found that it sold new, a year ago, for $800.00! The deals are out there, ya just gotta go shopping.

We researched the RV furniture places, local and on the websites, and found cost versus quality, for our needs, was not cost effective. Also, most places you cannot try it out, you know, sit on it, touch it, etc. unless you are fortunate enought to live across the street from the manufacture.

We did break down and buy a "leather sofa bed" a year ago, "made for RV's", and had it shipped to us and what a mastake, not real leather, (it was noted in the fine print) hard, bed and drawer very difficult to open, and it cost use over $750.00 but we were fortunate to be able to sell it at a fair price to someone that could use it.

Another point, we, and I am sure others out there, have the day/night shades..... well, we had strings break and the DW was real tired of how they operate, you know how they work, so we removed all of them and replaced them with a roller shade from Home Depot that works up and down by a chain, VERY easy to operate and really look great. $45.00 each!! 20 minutes to install!!

So that's my 2 cents on RV furniture. I just feel in this economy we (us) just have to be prudient and smart. I hope I didn't upset anyone, but we been there done that, AND don't have alot of money to just through around.

2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

I second the Brad and Hall recommendation. They have Flexsteel as well as Lambright and are an excellent company to do business with.

Mark & Leann Quasius
2016 Cornerstone 45A
2007 Allegro Bus 42QRP (Sold)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote