Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Garmin RV760LMT vs RV660LMT

Ok it seams the 660 is the later model but a smaller 6" screen over the 7" on the 760. Any comments on the two models?
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I can't comment on the 660, but the 760 has a nice, big easily read screen. It is very visible even in the bright light of the cockpit and the large touch screen is easy to manipulate. The split screen for interstate exits and the traffic warnings are handy. I don't know what other "improvements" are in the later model 660, but the 760 has worked well so far for me.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:11 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
There is really very little difference other than size.
Do a search and at GPScity there is a chart that compares.
I tried to do a link but it does something funny.
Kept trying and got it.

http://www.gpscity.com/compare/rv660lmt&rv760lmt

LEN
Old 07-29-2016, 10:16 AM   #4
WDW

Own a 760. For the most part it does a good job so long as you know where you are going. But that's true for all GPS units.

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH
2015 Jeep Roadmaster AT. tow bar with RVI2 supplemental.

Taking in the sight wherever our Trolley takes us...
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:46 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLYLEN View Post
There is really very little difference other than size.
Do a search and at GPScity there is a chart that compares.
I tried to do a link but it does something funny.
Kept trying and got it.

http://www.gpscity.com/compare/rv660lmt&rv760lmt

LEN

I checked out the link and it was good, although it seems they may have the specs flipped for each one does anyone know?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-30-2016, 08:32 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Talked to a rep. at Garmin to get a better understanding of what the real differences are between the two models. The 660 does have a smaller screen but a better screen because it is glass and works better to the touch. Slightly smaller and better screen = an attempt to keep the price down.

Both the Camper/RV 760 and the Camper/RV 660 have the following features:
Custom RV Routing1
Directory of RV Parks and Services
Lifetime Maps
Lifetime Traffic
Voice-Activated Navigation
Bluetooth Compatible
Active Lane Guidance
photoReal Junction View
Bird's Eye Junction View
Smartphone Link Compatible
Direct Access
Displays your current speed and the Speed Limit
Points of Interest
Up Ahead Services
School Zone Warnings
Garmin Real Directions
Garmin Real Voice

The Camper/RV 660 adds the following features:

Elevation Profile
Easy Route Shaping2
BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera Compatible
Screen Size:

The Camper/RV 660 has a 6" screen
The Camper/RV 760 has a 7" screen
1Not available in all areas. Always defer to all posted road signs and road conditions when making driving decisions.
2See related content for more information regarding Easy Route Shaping.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be Garmin confidential and/or Garmin legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cata...Product=135455
Old 07-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #7

Before you make a final decision you need to compare these two with the dezl 760.

Both of the RV models have one speed field and one other data field. You can select some different items to be shown in that field.

The dezl 760 has the speed data field, but also three other data fields. You can select what is displayed for each of those three fields from the following list. Arrival Time, Distance, Time to Destination, Via Arrival, Distance to Via, Time to Via, Direction of Travel, Elevation, Time of Day, Sunrise / Sunset Time, Next Mile Marker.

The deal 760 can also be set to RV mode and will make good RV routes. The RV routs are different from either the Auto or Truck Routes.

I bought the RV 760 when it first came out to replace my dezl 760, thinking it might be better. After discovering the degrading of the data fields, I sent it back. If you ever use a GPS with the dezl 760 data fields, you won't ever use a GPS with just one Data Field.

Good Luck!
Wil
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:31 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post
Before you make a final decision you need to compare these two with the dezl 760.

Both of the RV models have one speed field and one other data field. You can select some different items to be shown in that field.

The dezl 760 has the speed data field, but also three other data fields. You can select what is displayed for each of those three fields from the following list. Arrival Time, Distance, Time to Destination, Via Arrival, Distance to Via, Time to Via, Direction of Travel, Elevation, Time of Day, Sunrise / Sunset Time, Next Mile Marker.

The deal 760 can also be set to RV mode and will make good RV routes. The RV routs are different from either the Auto or Truck Routes.

I bought the RV 760 when it first came out to replace my dezl 760, thinking it might be better. After discovering the degrading of the data fields, I sent it back. If you ever use a GPS with the dezl 760 data fields, you won't ever use a GPS with just one Data Field.

Good Luck!
Wil

I will check it out thanks...

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post

Good Luck!
Wil
I went with the 660 It shows the speed and limit all the time and you can set to see 4 other data fields and watch them at the side screen,there are about 20 data choices to pick from.
I do like the easy touch screen although some times it is too sensitive. Have been using it on a cross Canada trip for two weeks now.
Dougsee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
I've never seen the bc-30 camera of the 660 in action, but that's the one big weakness of the 760... the bc-20 has very poor low-def picture quality and is locked into a 'fisheye' display mode which is less helpful and more confusing than a normal display mode would be when backing up.

I was very happy when the bc-30 was introduced but very unhappy when told the bc-30 would not work with the 760.
bud01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 660 with the latest version and it has taken me off the hi way into a town and back to the hi way on several occasions. The unit is not trustworthy.
Terry L T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Ok it seams the 660 is the later model but a smaller 6" screen over the 7" on the 760. Any comments on the two models?
Yes I have a comment! Always check the route suggested with an Atlas!! Even though we gave loaded all of our RV information it can out you on a road you don't want to take! Regards
Old 09-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
If you read the manual if you have the routing set to shortest and the highway goes around the town the shortest route is through the town. Computers and GPS do what they are told, you do the telling. That all said like above check your route and have a good idea where you are going ie staying on a highway for many miles. Routed correctly I have had a GPS tell me go the opposite way I wanted to go on a freeway one exit the wrong way then do a 180 and go the way I wanted to go. If you explore the route before hand, it can be a time saver.

LEN
Old 09-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
When the GPS takes you past the correct off ramp and tells you to take the next one go back under the hi way and get back on then go back to the right one, there is something wrong with the program.