Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When did GoodSam stop tire service. They have changed a couple of tires for me and once brought a new tire and mounted it on the side of the road. Only cost to me was the price of the tire and that seemed reasonable.

Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #16

I use BP rewards and only use it for fuel, spend an average of $600 a month pay off in full every month no interest. I get $100 every few months.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I use BP rewards and only use it for fuel, spend an average of $600 a month pay off in full every month no interest. I get $100 every few months.
We also use the BP Visa card, 5% on BP gas and 1% on all other purchases, but you have to request your 'reward' once you have earned $25. We just get the BP Gift Card.

We also have an Exxon/Mobil MC, this gives us 15 cents off per gallon at Exxon and Mobil stations and 2% on all other purchases. We use this card for big payments, insurance, rent, koni's, etc. They automatically credit your account in $20 increments. We have a credit or two every month.

We have a Shell MC, but they changed the rules for getting rebates and the new ones $uck. It used to be 5% off Shell gas and 1% on other purchases. Now you have to spend $500 in one billing cycle and then you get 10 cents off Shell gas in the next billing month with a 100 gallon limit. No thanks.

So I am going to check on the Pen Fed Credit Union card mentioned above and use that instead of the Shell card.

Bob
Old 01-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too, like howdja above, use the Pen Fed Rewards credit card for gas. It is good for 5% off purchased price of gasoline when you use it to pay at the pump.The 5% is taken off the monthly billing. There is no annual fee for the card, and no limits that I am aware of. It is a regular Visa credit card, and as such can be paid off monthly with no interest charges. I have been using it for a little over a year, and it works very well for me on both the motorhome, and the family cars.

Dieselclacker
Old 01-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #19

So when you have the various credit cards that gives you the reward. Do they send it home to you as a gift certificate or can you get directly on your card? As we're full timing we don't have a regular mailing address. Some of our mail comes to a friend's house in FL but we're not going back there in like a year so I don't want to have to have people forward stuff all the time.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiatalvik View Post
So when you have the various credit cards that gives you the reward. Do they send it home to you as a gift certificate or can you get directly on your card? As we're full timing we don't have a regular mailing address. Some of our mail comes to a friend's house in FL but we're not going back there in like a year so I don't want to have to have people forward stuff all the time.

Pen Fed gives you the 5% off on your monthly statement. I have paper billing sent to my home, and pay the bill online from my bank account. I could opt for online billing that would be sent to my e-mail address (paperless billing). Maybe this could work for you if you have online banking and an e-mail address. It may be a problem getting a card without a street address, don't really know.

Dieselclacker
Old 01-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
I use a Capitol One card that gives back 2% cash on groceries & gas, 1% on everything else. Since I drive a fairly efficient vehicle, the grocery savings makes it worth it. When in upstate NY, I purchase groceries at Price Chopper. For every $50.00 you spend on groceries, they give an instant ten cent per gallon discount (happens with a card swipe at the pump) at most Sunoco stations.
vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Sofiatalvik,
Post #2 answered the original question. The discount is immediate with each purchase. Payment method does not matter. All the other posts provide additional choices to receive more than the discount mentioned in post #2.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
I received this the other day from Flying J/Pilot.

Dear CHUCK,
Introducing the RV Plus Card

The RV Plus Card can be used to purchase fuel and merchandise at Pilot and Flying J locations in the U.S. But that's not all! Members also receive additional discounts. No catch, no hidden fees, no obligations or thresholds to meet. You fuel, you get discounts!

SAVE with the RV Plus Charge Card
Up to $.06 off every gallon of gas
Up to $.08 off every gallon of diesel

Members also receive these other great benefits!
  • $.10 off each gallon of bulk propane
  • Half off RV dumping fee
  • Exclusive coupons and special deals at Pilot and Flying J locations
Visit www.rvpluscard.com for more info and to apply today!

For additional questions, you may also call 1-855-4RV-PLUS to speak to a representative.

I usually use my RV card at Flying J/Pilot for $.03 discount at pump.

Hope it helps.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #24

Wow that sounds great!!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
When did GoodSam stop tire service. They have changed a couple of tires for me and once brought a new tire and mounted it on the side of the road. Only cost to me was the price of the tire and that seemed reasonable.
when i bought my used unmounted spare tire i spoke to good sam road service personnel and was informed that gs would only pay to install a mounted spare tire. even when told that i was going to cancel their service the supervisor on duty said the same thing. that was about 1.5 years ago.
i had gs road service for 3 years and never used it when i switched to aaa.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #26
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
PenFed for us.......we get 5% off every bill. Their only requirement for the fuel discount is you have to pay at the pump.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I've found that just looking around saves more than most discount cards. The gas station three blocks from work has diesel for 4.159 as does the 76 station across the street. One minute mart type has diesel for 3.539. I put in 50 gallons (all my 150 gallon tank would take) and saved $31!!
And if you had the right card you would get an additional discount of 5%.
I use Penfed. It has no fee and it has no limit as well. The 5% is deducted from your monthly bill. The discount comes from pay at the pump. Go inside and it pays 1%.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use PenFed also, paid off monthly. And I use Flying J RV card for their small discount off cash price.

The RV Plus card Chuck mentioned I believe is the new GoodSam thing ...they have combined GoodSam and CampingWorld president's club memberships, and created the RV card deal with Pilot/FJ. I believe RV Plus card is different from the RV Advantage Frequent fueler card.

Jon's comment on ERS ...we use Coach-Net for motor home and all other vehicles we own. No need for AAA in addition, and C-N is lower price than we used to pay to AAA for just the cars!

Tags
gas