Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #29

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
I received this the other day from Flying J/Pilot.

Dear CHUCK,
Introducing the RV Plus Card

The RV Plus Card can be used to purchase fuel and merchandise at Pilot and Flying J locations in the U.S. But that's not all! Members also receive additional discounts. No catch, no hidden fees, no obligations or thresholds to meet. You fuel, you get discounts!

SAVE with the RV Plus Charge Card
Up to $.06 off every gallon of gas
Up to $.08 off every gallon of diesel

Members also receive these other great benefits!

• $.10 off each gallon of bulk propane
  • Half off RV dumping fee
  • Exclusive coupons and special deals at Pilot and Flying J locations
Visit www.rvpluscard.com for more info and to apply today!

For additional questions, you may also call 1-855-4RV-PLUS to speak to a representative.

I usually use my RV card at Flying J/Pilot for $.03 discount at pump.

Hope it helps.
Good information!

I went and checked it out and found out that the RV Plus card is a charge card, must be paid in full each month, and you need to be a Good Sam member. The discount goes up depending on your Good Sam membership level. I'm a deluxe member so my discount would be $0.04 per gallon. GS Lifetime member get $0.06.

My best option is to get the regular Pilot RV card and get the $0.02 plus $0.10 on propane and 1/2 cost dump fee's. Swipe the Pilot RV card and get the $0.02 at the pump and then pay with my Capitol One Reward Card, which gives 2% cash back on gas. So if gas was $3.00 a gallon (I wish) my total discount per gallon would be $0.02 from Pilot and $0.06 from Capitol One for a total of $0.08. Almost $5.00 on 60 gal of gas.

Every little bit helps!
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #30

Recompute, your best option is the Flying J RV card paid for with a Pentagon Federal Credit Union Platinum Cash Rewards Card that gives you 5% cash back off fuel charges from your statement each month. So if diesel was $3.00 a gallon my total discount per gallon would be $0.02 from Pilot/Flying J and $0.15 from PenFed for a total of $0.17. Almost $10.20 on 60 gal of diesel. On my 150 gallon tank filling up 125 gallons at $3.00 a gallon that is $375 with no discount, $2.50 back from Flying J and $18.75 back from PenFed for a total of $21.75 savings. That is the same as getting the diesel for $2.82 per gallon.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #31

I use the Pen Fed card, and save mega bucks! I picked up $250.00 in Diesel yesterday, and filled up my drum in the Garage. I plan on picking up another load of fuel today to dump about 75 gallons of Diesel in the coach, and another 45 gallons in my aux tank. I paid $3.54 a gallon before the Pen Fed discount. Diesel is going to go up another 10-20 cents, so I am stocking up while I can.

I burned up $1000.00 in Diesel fuel last week. Thank god for the "no limit" on the Pen Fed card.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #32

Damon Owners Club
Fuel dicounts

Just a reminder that although there are various cards offering 5% discounts along with 2 cents off at Flying J / Pilot to give great discounts, many of these card % offers require to sign up for them on the card's website. Discover card is offering 5% off gas purchases for Jan-Mar of this year but only if you sign up for the offer. It is not automatic. Just using your card without signing up does not get you the cash back. The other thing to watch out for is that there is limited time frames for these specials. Discover is offering the same 5% off for the next quarter but it only applies to movie tickets and restaurants, not for gas purchases. Even though there are things to remember, the little bit of effort can reap some great cash savings. With a motorhome getting 8 MPG, I will take all I can get!
capndan77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas