Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Owners Club
General Elec problems

Ive got electrical issues with my 94 Winnie Elante for starters the air ride compressor isn't getting power the air horn compressor isn't getting power and also I have 2 fans that blow on the front window and now just the right side works .
I've jumped power to the airhorn compressor and it works checked all the relays and all the fuses at least the ones I can find and there all good
what I'm thinking is that since the coach has sat idle for about 2 years outside
just an occasional start now and then. that there must be a bad (rusted ground ) terminal that has many connections .
Basically I'm asking what to trouble shoot first and look for I have the wiring diagrams which I'm no expert at reading just kinda stumbling thru them just to many coincidence's with no power

roxy 257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think you are the right path to try to figure out the grounds. Typically those are not far from the appliance or device that they serve. I'm assuming that there is wire loom and that if you opened it up from the air horn compressor back, you might get a hint as to where the ground connection is. I'd start with that one. Depending on how that goes, I'd tackle the air ride compressor the same way. Make sure that you have a good, solid ground in both cases and then use that to confirm that you are getting 12 volts to each device.

For the fans, I'd try to take the wiring connector near the motor apart - carefully, it may have a hot lead. There may simply be a crimp connector or a wire nut that is loose. The reason that I would start there is to verify that when you turn the fans on, the one that isn't turning is getting the 12 volts - or not. If yes, the motor itself is bad. If not, you have a connector problem and I would start at the switch that turns them on.

On ours, there is a good sized bolt near the house battery compartment where all of the major grounds are tied to the chassis. If you find one of those, I'd suggest removing the nut (or nuts) that hold the wire on and remove and clean every connector. It only takes a little moisture to have gotten in about half way down the stack to give all of the wires above it a poor connection.
2000 Georgie Boy Landau 36' DP
2005 Saturn Vue toad
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote