Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2014, 07:45 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loulong View Post
There was no controversy.

You stated that Manufacturers recommend washing the jacks with WD-40.
I simply pointed out that some do, and some don't.

You stated that Manufacturers recommend against silicone, and again....
I simply pointed out that some do, and some don't.

Use what works for you.

I've got 17 year old Power Gear levelers that have never been cleaned or lubed by anything but the same ATF that is used in the system. They retract in less than 2 minutes. That works for me.

I agree with "some do, and some don't" and tried to say that in my questioned post. I am sorry if I was not clear enough. I did not want to be dogmatic with my statement but general.

I have lived with dyslexia all of my life. I understand what it is to read something and miss the key word or understanding. I am not suggesting that you are dyslexic. It could still be the way I wrote what I said that put you in a state of disagreement. Power Gear and HWH are like Cat and Cummins when it comes to approaching the same problem. Each has their own solutions. Sometimes the users find that the competitors maintenance idea or their own new approach works just as well, maybe better in some cases, and might even save money. But then there are those time that the best intentions cause major grief.

I simply am interested in seeing what other folks say about the CRC stuff when used. Who knows? I just may change my mind in time. As I have already stated. I have only been using the CRC for a few months. Time will tell.

Bottom line? Thanks for expressing your opinion, and results.

Rick

Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #16

I use the CRC on my Power Gear jacks too! Works excellent!

In fact it's in my tool chest as my go-to WD40 replacement. I never did like that stuff.
.... but I also have been known to run with scissors

Old 02-14-2014, 06:38 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
I use the CRC on my Power Gear jacks too! Works excellent!

In fact it's in my tool chest as my go-to WD40 replacement. I never did like that stuff.
.... but I also have been known to run with scissors
Thanks for the input. I never considered it a complete replacement for WD 40 because of cost and availability. Sounds like, if it needs a squeak chaser you use CRC.

I have used it long enough now to realize that it does need to be redone from time to time. That is what I will be doing, when I get the free time, to the awning and jacks. It cause things to work better for about 2 months and now they are going back to slow and squeaky. Nothing, but death and taxes, is forever.

Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote