Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #15
Hmmm.... I use a suction cup to mount a GPS on a dual pane driver side window, but don't see how something attached to the flat glass outer surface can affect the edge seal.

Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
First time I've ever heard anybody suggest that! I have to say I am more than a bit skeptical, but we each have to make our own call on that sort of thing.
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
... I believe using suction cups, especially the ones that use a clamping action after applied, will cause damage to the exterior of your coach and to dual pane windows. They can cause delamination of the gelcoat over time and cause issues with the seal on dual pane windows....

George Schweikle Lexington, KY
1999 Safari TREK 2830, FMCA 190830, Safari International chapter
1995 Safari TREK 2630, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2016, 06:19 PM   #16
I'll give the Genturi a thumbs up. I used one on my first class C and then on my class A. However now with my new Navion it won't work due to the generator tail pipe angle and the configuration of the back of the coach above the tailpipe.

2016 Itasca Navion 24J (Mercedes 3500 chassis)
Camper Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:52 PM   #17
Originally Posted by donmacd View Post
Has anyone made their own exhaust extension for over the roof venting.
I am trying to be a good neighbor. Thanx
Had one made from 1.25" tailpipe by a muffler shop. Fit fine, reached to top of MH, could be stored in pass-through basement compartment of MH.
It got hot after an hour of use, could not use anything to hold it vertical except the muffler clamp on the genset tailpipe. Muffler clamp loosened from heat, pipe fell over and chipped gelcoat on slide. I rushed out to correct things, grabbed pipe, burned hands and bent genset tailpipe.
Do yourself a favor and buy a Genturi system. Camper Ken has a used one for sale, and there is used one on escapees.com for sale. Amazon has them for <$120.
If you want my pipe, swing by Indianapolis, PM me and I'll meet you somewhere and make you a present.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:11 AM   #18
I used a 1 1/4" EMT coupling and a 90 degree elbow to come off the exhaust pipe and point up and thin wall 3" or 4" sewer pipe for the stack. The sewer pipe comes with a fitting on one end to attach the next piece to, I just cut it in half & use that fitting for the middle attachment. The transition was made from a garbage disposal, the part that mounts in the sink to which I welded supports to allow airflow very similar to the commercial version and like Fire Up's. It works fine.
2003 Revolution 40C looking for a new home
2007 Monaco Signature Noble III 45'
hypoxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:44 PM   #19
Thor Owners Club
I bought the Venturi, quality product, $109 at Amazon
donmacd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:46 PM   #20
Thor Owners Club
Sorry Genturi
donmacd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #21
I used 3" aluminum irrigation pipe and polished it with a die grinder and the used we ok to finish it! It is very light!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
gmann55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:40 PM   #22
and the used we ok to finish it! It is very light!

Huh???? What, may I ask, does that statement mean?
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #23
At the Perry Ga rally I bought aluminum downspout 10ft and a elbo all for $12. I called the tech for Onan to check it out, he said no problem.
American Tradition 42R-Cadillac SRX Blue Ox Koni 5050XL MCD Scangauge D Samsung rf197
Fulltime since 2012
336muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:00 AM   #24
Generator exhaust pipe

I used wenol aluminum polish! It is a polish used to shine aluminum which I use on my hot rod intake manifold and aluminum wheels! Sorry for the typo error!

gmann55 is offline   Reply With Quote