First time poster here, largely because I'm also a first time RV owner. I'm a VERY experienced forum person (I actually run a large national car enthusiast forum) and firmly believe in the value of forums for owners who actually care about their [whatever].
I say that to say this: I did a lot of searching and reading on here before I chose to ask this question again
but what I found was a lot of suggestions and not many results, and definitely not any photos to accompany.
I have a 2008 Winnebago Access 31J with an Onan 4K MicroQuiet(ish) generator. The generator makes quite a bit of noise, I believe largely from vibration, and I am trying to figure out why and if there is anything I can do for it.
Heres what I know:
- Generator is good, Onan just serviced/checked it. It's a 3600rpm model
- Muffler is still good (same reason as before)
- Compartment is in good shape
- VERY little rust or degradation of the original condition
Here's what I've read:
- Vertical exhaust can help with both noise and fumes
- Carpet on the ground under the space can help
- DynaMat or Fatmat can help
Here's what to worry about
- Damaging the gen, usually via overheating
So here's the actual question: what have you done and what has actually helped or not helped? Any pictures of installs of sound mats would be great. I worry about how to get the mat installed in such a way that it won't be too close or fall on the gen if the glue breaks down.
Thanks in advance to everyone!