Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Maybe there is a delay switch on its own somewhere for these rigs? or not?
Not. Manual control means just that - YOU are the "delay circuit". You start up the generator before you plug in and give it 30-60 seconds to stabilize the RPMs. Then plug in.

The frequency and voltage will not be correct until the genset stabilizes at the design RPMs, usually either 1825 or 3650. Can you damage an electric appliance if you plug in too soon? Yeah, though the odds are probably small. The better quality appliances will have designed-in self protection for improper voltage or frequency, but inexpensive consumer gadgets may not.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I did notice that when starting the genny, the microwave powered instantly and the dvd led light took a few seconds to come on.

Thanks for the info guys.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Georgetown...if you have an IOTA transfer switch you can order that little "time delay" board from them for about $37.00 and replace it yourself. You will probably have to remove the transfer switch to get enough room to change out the board though
I see the board in the back of the box but there are some big fat wires in the way. Do I remove the wires?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW I had to change my board a few months ago. I found the replacement in the INTERNET for $12 including shipping. I believe I just put the PCB part number in the search query and found a supplier. I did look but can not find the supplier I used, sorry. With Shore Power Disconnected and the Coach turned Off it was only a 10 minute job. The board was held in there with double stick tape.

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I have the part now. The manufacturer mailed it to me without taking my info. I don't think he wanted to do any paper work for such a cheap part. ( free to me ) Apparently it snaps into place and is quite easy to replace. ( so I'm told ). I will take another look at it tomorrow and see if I suffer less anxiety at the thought of replacing it myself.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Should Not be a problem. Just make sure you have No power to the coach. GenSet Off, Shore Power cord unplugged and the Battery switches turned Off. If you need to move some wires out of the way, no problem, just do it gently so you do not open any cuts in the plastic coating. If you want take a digital picture before you start in case you need to unhook something. Good Luck and let us know how you make out.

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the tips. I like the idea of taking a picture before taking things apart.