Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #57
454, once I figure out the generator problem (hopefuly next week) I will post it as a new thread titled: New Generator Wows. HEMI

Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #58
Ok, If I see anything in the manual I will PM you, but unplugging the switch harness at the gen is a good start.

2006 Dutchmen Colorado 28TB

2006 2500 Dodge Megacab 5.9 Cummins, 48RE, Superglide
MrFixit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:18 AM   #59
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, finally brought my kohler home last week completely disassembled.(in a box). Have the "wrong" new camshaft but can't locate the original. By looking at the parts manual, seems that the new shaft has two lobes that are 180 degrees off while two are right on. Received no paperwork, (original mechanic does not work there anymore)so I have no idea what all went on. I am still looking for a camshaft 52 010 04 (if my memory serves me right) If I had the original, I know I could have make things work. All said and not quite done, I am out $2200 dollars, have an operational generator and a broken one, the repair facility got their $$$$, Keep your eyes and ears open, if nothing surfaces, check out e-bay, that may be a good place to purchase kohler gen parts!!! new and used!! The rest of the story has not yet been written, I am seeking a publisher as we speak! Thank all for your input and support. The generac runs fine. Time to go fishin or visit the coast for a couple of daze!
crazy jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:54 PM   #60
Vintage RV Owners Club
Isn't life wonderful???
1991 Chevy Pickup
1994 5th wheel 30 foot trailer
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:06 AM   #61

I did not read all the posts so if I am repeating anyones advice I apologize. I had the same problem with my Kohler 7.3 on our boat this summer. The fix was this, replace the contol board AND voltage regulator (it never hurts to do the spark pugs two). You may also need to replace the fuel pump as the control board will take sometimes that down. You might even need to repalce the LOP switch and certainly have some 10amp ceramic fuses on hand. I wont bore you with my two month long warranty (Kohler has a very good 5 year warranty) repair saga but if the mechanic had replaced the electronics first like I told him, Kohler would have never got a 2K warranty bill... good luck!

Aux_Man out.
aux_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:53 AM   #62

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hemi-- I had an '86 presidential just like yours' I kept it for 9 years. I sold it last year and upgraded to a '02 37' Mountair Aire (gasser). Mine was in outstanding shape like yours. I put the Banks exhaust system on it and a K&N air filter. The increase in power was dramatic. I also put a King Dome on it and two satellite receivers (we both like our TV- and almost always watch different programs), I am a news nut, the bride hates the news, etc. My big complaint was the brakes. You absolutely have to have a "brake buddy" to stop that rig towing a car(I had rebuilt the brakes completely and was amazed to find a Ford F-350 brake system on the tag axle). My Mount Aire has great brakes with the W - 22 Chassis. The 8.1 litter Vortac is amazing. The Holiday Rambler with the 3 speed, Hydra-Matic 400 never got more than 7-8 MPG. We love our new rig with two slide outs-- we had lots of good times and plenty of folks always telling me how nice the H-R was. Best of luck with it---- Max H
Max H,
2002 Newmar Mountain Aire, 37', 3778, W-22, 8.1 Vortac, Ultra Power upgrade, CAI (cold air intake), Taylor wires, colder plugs, Koni shocks.
Max Hubrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:39 AM   #63
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Aux man, thank you for your input, I pretty much did all the things you mentioned prior to taking it to the shop for warranty. Getting it back in a box leaves me with no idea, except I know I need a camshaft now. The unit is piled in a corner with all new parts.(minus correct cam) Have a great day
Old 10-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #64
Maybe you would like to sell it?
I'm good a puzzles , I'm sure I can get it put together and running.
Im in Idaho not too far from Spockan WA.
1974 Shasta 24 foot class A

bigbusguy@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:33 AM   #65
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Would I be interested in selling it? Yes I would. I have over $800 in new parts and ailments, not to mention the original parts that were eroneously condemned. I also have the user,parts, and service manuals. Installation schematic and all paperwork since new. Will sell for $1000 cash and carry. I am about 5-6 hours from Spokane Washington. (Rochester Wa 98579)
Old 10-29-2007, 06:36 AM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Since we do not permit classified ads to be posted on the forum pages, if you have any further discussions regarding the sale of the item, please do it be email to each other.
If you decide you want to post it in the classifieds for sale, you can do that also.
Thank you.

Mike And Debbie- Northeast Ohio
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost engine- SWEET!!
2011 Jayco Eagle 322FKS TT
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote