Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2019, 03:59 AM   #1

Getting kicked out of an RV park when it's not your fault

Why getting kicked out of an RV park when it's not your fault is becoming all to common. Pardon the sack religious expression, but I often think even God himself could get kicked out of some RV parks there that bad. I am being sarcastic of course to get a certain point across. If you get the jist. No pun intended. Anyway Often parks are mismanaged, are managed by people who are under qualified for the job, fall in disrepair or are being ran in ways that are not up to par with the law. Today's RV parks are designed to maximize the profit of their owners. Very few are designed with the comfort of the residence in mind.

10 Reasons Why People Leave Bad Reviews For RV Parks

I have even lived in fairly nice RV parks where the management were found to be drinking and doing drugs on the job. I've also lived at parks that got shut down because the owner cheated on their taxes for several years and the IRS or Uncle Sam finally caught up with them. In Southern Nevada you have to take out a $100,000 bond to be licensed as an RV park so some owners will stop at nothing to cheat on their taxes. Other parks not a dime of your money will go to support the local economy for the community in which the RV park is located. You might be surprised some of the pure garbage I've seen go on in RV parks. Some RV parks are worth the expensive rent and hassle you'll deal with being tightly squeezed in with other RVs. For those who want to enjoy real RV freedom and keep your feet firmly planted in one place, dry camping or owning your own private property with hookups in an RV friendly area might be the answer. Some state have tight restrictions regarding where you can park an RV. Others like Southern Nevada are so RV friendly you can park an RV just about anywhere as long as it's not on someone's private property. In Southern Nevada there are no time restrictions as to how long you can park on BLM land and for snowbirds it's one of the most popular boon docking destinations on earth. Each RV park has a hidden story behind the inviting signs and amenities. They also have their dark dirty little secrets they don't want any RVier to know about. Only a highly experienced RVier can see the hardest to spot problems with an RV park and get the idea of when it's time to move on. Just remember in an RV park the more tightly squeezed you are with your neighbors the more potential for trouble. Don't expect staff to fix anything if it's been broken for a while. Don't even ask. Something that simple could get a person booted from a park. Just move to a better campground. Some parks will try to bounce you out for no reason at all. Check out the article at the link above that fits my post to a tee and remember. Chose RV parks and neighbors wisely. You'll be happy in the long run you did. If RV parks staff is good about keeping the facilities in good repair, the Wi Fi will probably work good to. Today's RVers need to get picker or RV park owners will never change the error of their ways. While the RV lifestyle is one of the best in America. Unfortunately this is the growing scenario with many of today's RV parks. As the saying goes buyer beware, RVier beware.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2019, 04:39 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Kicked out of RV parks

Strange - We've been RV'ers for well over 40 years ( going back to the mid 70's ) and have had a multitude of different brands of Motorhomes, from our first, a mid 70's GMC to Executives, Holiday Imperials, etc.

In all those years, we've never been 'kicked out' of an RV park OR have had to leave because of the problems outlined the the above referenced article.

Perhaps it's because we've always done our 'due diligence' before pulling into a campground.....perhaps it's because we've always tried to find a "resort" type campground, such as an ORA, and always tried, usually successfully, to set ourselves up with 'full hook-ups' on 'resort sites' that have paved ( with concrete or asphalt )
areas for motorhome parking, not just 'paved' roads. - It's been our experience that those kinds of places are usually a little more expensive, but in my opinion, well worth the extra cost.

Sometimes an advance reservation becomes necessary to find our 'ideal' kind of campground, but, again, well worth the extra effort & cost.

I should add that we really aren't interested in how nice the kids play area is or the fact that they may have 3 pools, or a large rec-room with a bunch of pool tables, etc. -

We do travel with our fur babies ( dogs ), a Bedlington Terrier & a Yorkie, both are well behaved and quiet and NEVER run loose.

Just my 2 cents worth....

Sorry - I digress and sometimes ( like now ) get carried away with my comments,
FMCA # F26083
fluffyms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:11 AM   #3

I might add not all ORA parks are a good living environment for seniors. I have lived in some ORA parks that are very poorly managed. A good SAMs co op membership park is often a good option. While the membership fee is often high, RViers rarely experience problems in these kinds of parks.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:21 AM   #4

We've been RVing since 2001 and have never been "kicked out" of an RV park - or really ever even thought about someone being kicked out. I guess the type of RV Parks/Resorts we choose must be well-run, well-financed, owners paying taxes and free from all the evils the original post ran through.

Maybe I'm just too naive or something. Oh well...
RJShiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:25 AM   #5
tcg

I live in Michigan. State parks in Michigan and Ohio are great.

I rarely stay at private parks, no need.

I've never experienced any of the stuff in your post or the article.

Maybe some occasional campers having too good a time but a simple request to lower the volume always works.

Maybe RVing ain't for everyone.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:28 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
It sounds to me like it's time for you to exit the RV lifestyle. If you aren't enjoying it why keep doing it.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:46 AM   #7

Many campsite apps and websites have reviews. I have found them fairly accurate, and have put quite a few on myself. I have added campgrounds to RVParky because none were shown, but I found one that was decent and the owners were friendly. If the reviews say its a dog, Im not going there. If there is one bad review, and five good ones, I would give it a chance. It would depend on what reason the bad review stated. I have never been kicked out of any campground. We did get a complaint one time from the owners because my friends dog was barking while we went for dinner.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:41 AM   #8

I can't relate to the OP's comments. I've never been kicked out of a park and never heard of anyone getting kicked out.

The OP never said he had a personal experience getting kicked out. So where's the beef?

For those who don't like private parks, try state campgrounds and COE parks. I always try them first even if it's 20-30 miles off my route. I've never been disappointed.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:10 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I actually saw a family get asked to leave the private property of the RV park. "Kicked out" is a poor choice of words that needlessly overemphasizes a violence that never happens; getting kicked. And the owner had reasons that had nothing to do with cheating on taxes. Seems the RVers in this case could not handle their alcohol in a civilized manner conducive with a properly functioning society.

Oh, and here's a bit of knowledge. Business exists to do one thing: maximize profits. OP, you might want to write that down. For a business to do otherwise with their investors' money is immoral. Even when they give to charity, as nearly every corporation does, they do so for the good press and the profits that come from good press.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:22 AM   #10

What - - -

Let's not mix Trailer Parks with RV parks!

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
Many campsite apps and websites have reviews. I have found them fairly accurate, and have put quite a few on myself. snip
I use park reviews also and have found them to be generally accurate. But it's funny what people complain about. I remember one reviewer said it was a great park but it did not have full hook ups so he gave it a less than 5 star rating. The park info on the review site plainly stated there are no hook ups.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:33 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have seen a few people be ask to leave and in most cases there was a good reason the most being not following park rules and one complained so much to the management that he was tolled that he should find a different place to stay.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:54 AM   #13
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
https://www.google.com/search?client...use+paragraphs
Old 09-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
Sometimes when someone goes looking for trouble they find it.