Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Girard Tankless Water Heater

I am new to the tankless water heater. On our last trip, the water was too hot and unable to lower even switching to the low mode.

After contacting the company, they had me do a few test and determined that the campground had low water pressure. They advised that the water would cool down with higher water pressure. Does anyone have the same issue? If so were you able to correct it?

Thank you in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVBulldog View Post
I am new to the tankless water heater. On our last trip, the water was too hot and unable to lower even switching to the low mode.

After contacting the company, they had me do a few test and determined that the campground had low water pressure. They advised that the water would cool down with higher water pressure. Does anyone have the same issue? If so were you able to correct it?

Thank you in advance.
Last year when I was thinking of have the Girard installed I do remember reading the the temp was controlled by the water flow. So I would guess that low pressure would affect the water flow.
Todd

Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #3

Girard Tankless Hot Water Heater Possible Solutions

Have had the too hot, too cold problem shower issue since we bought our new Jayco unit last October. I have conducted flow tests, changed spray heads, remove restrictors all to no avail. Finally asked Jayco for a new Attwood 6 gallon unit but retrofitting is major league and requires painting, rework wiring , etc. I called Jayco today and discovered there is a "Extreme Warm Weather Conversion Kit" being offered by Girard (at their cost) to correct the extreme temperature issues.

Has anyone had this kit installed? Did it solve the problem? I don't have the "mode" switch and judging by this thread that is not a solution. IS THERE ANY HOPE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?
Old 08-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezridermd View Post
Have had the too hot, too cold problem shower issue since we bought our new Jayco unit last October. I have conducted flow tests, changed spray heads, remove restrictors all to no avail. Finally asked Jayco for a new Attwood 6 gallon unit but retrofitting is major league and requires painting, rework wiring , etc. I called Jayco today and discovered there is a "Extreme Warm Weather Conversion Kit" being offered by Girard (at their cost) to correct the extreme temperature issues.

Has anyone had this kit installed? Did it solve the problem? I don't have the "mode" switch and judging by this thread that is not a solution. IS THERE ANY HOPE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?
When I was doing my research they offered a winter kit but not a summer kit. When I was thinking of having the girard tankless installed Winnebago and my dealer stated pretty much the same thing but when I contacted Girard they stated that it is pretty much a direct replacement you just had to buy a door kit. I posted a question on the forums about getting the Girard and everyone including my local dealer said that I would not need it. Thay almost all said to just use both the propane and electric heaters for the 6 gallon heater and I would be fine. After 2 seasons now and several showers we have never run out of hot water.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #5

Search for previous posts about Girard tankless hot water heaters.
Girard Tankless Hot Water
There are 63 posts about it with solutions and frustrations.

Personally, we have a Wildcat 302RL from Forest River and they agreed to replace the Girard system with a conventional hot water tank. We have NOT been able to get it to work properly without scalding you or freezing you.