Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2003, 07:06 AM   #71

Driver, I tried to send you an email at the address posted and it keeps coming back as undeliverable.???? Did you receive my private message?
Wilma

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2003, 08:54 AM   #72
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wrbd88:
Driver, I tried to send you an email at the address posted and it keeps coming back as undeliverable.???? Did you receive my private message?
Wilma<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wilma, I did recieve your message.

<font color=blue>03 Winnebago 38G/Workhorse W22 " 22.5" Tire " Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Aventa II " Brake Buddy
Nor'Easters
"We Will " 343 " Never Forget"</font color>

<font color=red>88 " Robert Yates Racing " 38
</font color>

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 06:47 PM   #73

I called North Trail RV in Fort Myers, Fl. They are the closest workhorse service center to me. They said they haven't heard of the shock problem and haven't changed any under warantee. My coach doesn't have any handling problems, but thought I might as well go for the new shocks if I can get them. I have 14,000 miles on a 2002 Dutch Star 3456 , on the W22. Why do you suppose I don't have the shock problems? Shorter coach 34 1/2'? Not enough miles ? Better road surface in Florida?

2002 Dutch Star Gas W22 8100

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 04:02 AM   #74
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tmitchell:
They said they haven't heard of the shock problem and haven't changed any under warranter. My coach doesn't have any handling problems, but thought I might as well go for the new shocks if I can get them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you don't have any problems, I would suggest the following; Don't fix it if ain't broke.

On the other hand if your motorhome bounces and continues to do so after negotiating a medium to severe bump then I would say that you are indeed suffering from porpoising.

In order to resolve this, stiffer shocks would eliminate this problem. The options are Monroe RV Magnums, Bilstein, or Koni Adjustable. (In that price order)

You can either tell your dealership that you are having a problem with this OR you can choose to have your shocks replaced on your own.

Some members here have had 4 shocks replaced under warranty however the majority have only had the front shocks replaced. WCC won't normally replace the rears. I chose to replace my rears so that I would have a matched set of shocks. I run Monroe RV Magnums on all 4 corners.

Aventa II " Brake Buddy
Nor'Easters

</font color>
Old 12-03-2003, 05:06 PM   #75

Hi DriVer
We got our MOHO back today,,,and I see a difference in the way it handles. I can't say how good since none of the roads we drove on today were as bad as some of the ones we have been on but I do think it is BETTER. So so far so good. that's all the news for now. Would like to know why the email address that is on your profile did not work? Any ideas?
Wilma
Old 12-03-2003, 07:13 PM   #76
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wrbd88:
Would like to know why the email address that is on your profile did not work? Any ideas?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Wilma,
We're having operatinal difficulties with the iRV2.com e-mail server. I have changed my e-mail addrress to a working one so feel free to go ahead and write.

Aventa II " Brake Buddy
Nor'Easters

</font color>
Old 05-10-2004, 05:22 AM   #77

I'm new to this forum and have been reading the problems with the shocks on the w22 chassis.
We just got back from our maiden voyage of 1500 miles and found the coach to be bouncing dangerously on several occasions. I see where Workhorse will replace the shocks if taken to a service center. Since I am taking it in today for service I thought I would talk to the service manager. My question is do you really need to get it weighed as the nearest scale in my area is 200 miles away. I had it weighed at a state weigh station on our trip and we were fine front axle and rear axle but I have no record of it.

1 Wife/Navigator
Lesstech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:53 AM   #78

I had my front ones replaced and they didn't ask me to have it weighed.

2004 Kountry Star 3778 W22
E.B. West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:20 AM   #79
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lesstech:
My question is do you really need to get it weighed as the nearest scale in my area is 200 miles away. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You must certainly be out in the boonies because most all truck stops on the Interstates have CAT Scales.

The weighing of the motorhome is for record purposes since the folks in the customer service area just want to see the numbers.

If you can't get weighed, call WCC customer service and explain your situation to the tech there. I'm sure that they will work with you.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:01 AM   #80

My new Newmar goes on line tomorrow to be built, is WH providing Monroes or Blistens for the new MOHOS.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:41 AM   #81
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Bilstein equipped W-Series chassis have started coming off the line in Union City on May 6th.

You might have Bilsteins on your new motorhome but no guarantees at this early point. I do think that all "new build" coaches dated mid-June or better should have them fitted. Most manufacturers use a just-in-time strategy for buying chassis and I understand that they get chassis pretty quickly.

Congratulations on your new motorhome.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:51 PM   #82

Thanks DriVer I cant wait to run that workhorse, and have that Newmar quality surrounding me. I will put on the Henderson rear bar as well.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:56 AM   #83

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am a newcomer here and am trying to get up to speed on the W22 shock absorber issue. I have read everything in this thread but am confused about one thing.

In the post by DirVer that contains the photos he directs attention to the Neoprene Air Bumper. Could DriVer or someone else clarify what that is. Is the one in the photo a stock part, or part of the upgrades that everyone is doing?

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:16 AM   #84
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hwybnb:
Is the one in the photo a stock part, or part of the upgrades that everyone is doing? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I am told that the bumpers come in different colors however the bumper that is on the W Series was specifically chosen for it because it has the desired properties for the Stabil-Ride suspension.

The operating principal of the air bumper is simple. Air is present and becomes trapped in the air bumper's chamber via the open end placed vertically downward toward the top of the axle. When the shock absorbers compress, the open end of the air bumper comes in contact with the top of the axle and it seals the air inside the chamber. The bumper adds a significant amount of resistance and absorbs energy on the compression stroke as the coach body travels downward toward the axle.

When you're traveling in a Workhorse W Series it not likely that you will ever hear the suspension bottoming out steel on steel. This bumper is a primary component along with the Monroe tuned shock absorbers that comprise the Stabil-Ride suspension.

The reason why you see so many folks replacing their shock absorbers is because it's an individual preference. Some folks can not get accustomed to the amount of travel in the suspension while some people have no issues with the suspension travel as it is.

The air bumper as its shown in the accompanying photos are stock OEM bumpers and were not replaced during any phase of the chassis modifications that were accomplished.

I hope that answers your question.

PS: Depending on when you took delivery of your 2004 motorhome, you should have Bilstein shock absorbers and this shock replacement project should not pertain to you.

The article address only those units that were deliverd with Detroit Sleel Product (DSP) shocks. (black shocks)