Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good deal on a converter / charger

Just picked up one of these Intelli Power 9260s on eBay for $154.99 shipped to my door. I am only the buyer, not the seller, I have no financial interest whatsoever except to pass along a pretty good deal on a brand new unit if anyone is interested.

RV Intelli Power Converter 12 Volt, 60 AMP 9260:eBay Motors (item 380147222862 end time Oct-07-09 05:39:27 PDT)

I'd even be happy to post my experiences once I receive the unit, again if there is any interest.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought the same one on EBAY last year for the same price. I am very pleased with the performance so far.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:20 AM   #3
rek

Thats a very good price, I replaced my converter in our fifth wheel twice and and it was around $220.00 each time. I was wired for 220v and burned 2 converters. Maybe this would not of happened with a Intelli Converter.
rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #4

What are you replacing. Looking at doing the same thing just concerned about going from the stock 45amp to the 60 or 80amp.
utahgordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I bought one of these a couple years ago from ebay as well. It is my shop battery charger and I love it. It has the "Charge Wizard" built into it. I've used it several times as a temporary substitute for converters or inverters that have gone out on friends' coaches to charge their batteries until repairs can be made.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:49 AM   #6

Thanks for the info, got mine today, 10 min install....works great.
Mike
ccp9150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
As for installing a larger charger/converter, you could call the manufacturer to see what size wiring was used for the original charger/converter to make sure that it's heavy enough to handle the larger device. However, in all probability, this won't be an issue. I've never heard about anyone having a problem going from a 45 amp to a 60 amp.

Jack
Jackm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahgordo View Post
What are you replacing. Looking at doing the same thing just concerned about going from the stock 45amp to the 60 or 80amp.
What are you trying to accomplish by going to a higher current box?

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've got less than a three foot run of number 6 wire, which will easily handle 60 amps, although I doubt the charger ever puts out the maximum current anyway but if it ever needs to, I'm covered.

I'm not looking for the higher current as much as I am looking for the 3 charging levels, and the automatic switching between the 3 levels. The charger I replaced just puts out the maximum charge rate as long as I'm connected to shore power, or have the generator running. I also purchased the remote plug in box that indicates the mode the charger is currently running in. This allows me to leave the MH plugged in to shore power without worrying about boiling the battery dry. So far, it has worked as advertised.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
I think you'll find the higher current is 'zactly what you need after a night of boondocking with furnaces running. The higher the current capability, the sooner the batts will re-charge You might need to putz with the charge wiz to get it to full-blast charge mode. though, but it DOES work. Wise choice!!
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote