Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Takepride,

In regard to, "Or does your coach not automatically close the JB when you let off the throttle and are not in cruise control?", I think all of the coaches do that. What the Brakeswitch solves is, that you don't have to leave the Jake Brake switch on. With the switch on, every time you let off of the the throttle the JB comes on, even if you just wanted to coast.
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #30

I received 2 JPG files with WRV's schematics for wiring related to Toad's, from Mike Collins, one of our regulars here. One is called 2004 Alpine Coach Toad Brake Wiring.jpg, and the other is wrv brake controller wiring.jpg. I will overhaul these to PDF and send them to Linda for posting in ACA's Tech Library. In the mean time if you want a copy, PM me with your email address.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #31

Alpine Owners Club
eMike and Dale:

Thank you for the further explanation. Now I understand the Brakeswitch's use better.

My first thought was that I really would like the JB to hold my speed on downhill runs in cruise control, but I think the comment about not getting a little head of steam near the bottom of the hill, before another rise would be irritating, too.

I'll have to ponder it a bit longer.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
Ken,

Great solution on the switch! Do you or anyone else know where to get the connectors used in the plug, on the switch? I will need some for my installation and Ray needs some now.
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #33

Dale,

I had a couple of mini slide on connectors in my box. They did not match the ones in the molex plug, but I was able to push them through the molex plug, by pushing down on their attached wires, and on to the spade connectors on the switch. Hope this helps.

By the way, I now have 500+ miles on the brake system and it works very well. Definitely noticeable when the car brakes kick in. Now, we're changing tow cars soon, so I'll need to remove and reinstall everything.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #34

For the terminal connectors we went to Auto Zone and found a package of 10 connectors. The part number is 85377 and they are called FORD TERMINAL ASSORTMENT. Of the ten pieces in the package there are two that match the switch. By the way, Auto Zone also has the switch itself. With the part number off the switch they can cross reference it. Hope this helps.

"05" 40ft FDTS
cschemanske is offline   Reply With Quote