Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
We looked at ESPs and opted not to get one...after looking at the price. The OP here is paying $245/month. That will cover lots of out of pocket repairs.

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #16

The main reason I passed on Good Sam ERS is that looking at the fine print most all of the common reasons for failure in modern engines (emission control systems, etc.) were not covered, along with... well, just about everything else on the vehicle that commonly causes problems. Sure, I'm covered if a connecting rod breaks or something but how likely is that? It seemed like with all of the conditions and exclusions that the odds of things turning out financially in my favor seemed pretty slim and that simply banking that couple of grand a year in my own account was a much better option.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
The main reason I passed on Good Sam ERS is that looking at the fine print most all of the common reasons for failure in modern engines (emission control systems, etc.) were not covered, along with... well, just about everything else on the vehicle that commonly causes problems. Sure, I'm covered if a connecting rod breaks or something but how likely is that? It seemed like with all of the conditions and exclusions that the odds of things turning out financially in my favor seemed pretty slim and that simply banking that couple of grand a year in my own account was a much better option.
I agree for the most part, but I just signed up for an exclusionary policy with all the add-on riders for only $131 month for my 10 year old coach. After 6 months the policy is cancelable without a penalty. If I start my coverage in May, and cancel in November, my total cost is under $800 for my entire camping season. If I don't use it, I am okay with the $800. If I do, I'm sure I will get my money back with just one repair. If I put in for a repair and don't get my cost covered less a $200 deductible, I will let you all know and chalk it up to experience...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #18

Maybe it depends on the adjuster? I had claims with Good Sam over a couple years
and was satisfied with then service and payments. I paid my deductibles and a couple of non covered items. I don't remember what I paid but it was close to $1300 a year not the amount you paid. Actually, I think I came out dollars ahead in the long run but no longer have them or anyone else covering the emergency repairs servives.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:40 AM   #19

Crestview RV in Georgetown TX.
Camping Wrold is over 70 miles away.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
Which ones are better? And what makes them better?
www.wholesalewarranties.com, I've had three claims that they covered with only a question as to where I wanted to get the repairs done. One of the repairs was for the one denied by GS. And they are a helluva lot cheaper, I'll stay with WW for the remainder of our travels.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to JMacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
www.wholesalewarranties.com, I've had three claims that they covered with only a question as to where I wanted to get the repairs done. One of the repairs was for the one denied by GS. And they are a helluva lot cheaper, I'll stay with WW for the remainder of our travels.
We feel same way WW is good group
Old 03-27-2014, 07:16 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMacy View Post
We feel same way WW is good group
Wholesale Warranties is a broker, selling ESPs from various providers. We bought through them and were happy with the price and their service. Have not had to use the ESP yet, so time will tell.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Patriot 4, you need to post this over at RVNET.com and see what happens. Lemonis normally sees these and gets someone in touch with you real quickly. Anyway, sorry about your problem. If you are like me you have enough without these folks piling more on.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenfl View Post
Wholesale Warranties is a broker, selling ESPs from various providers. We bought through them and were happy with the price and their service.....
We also bought through WW, almost two years ago. Our four-year contract is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance (AM Best A+), and administered by Allegiance Administrators. We've had two claims, handled without hitch, and the contract has almost fully paid for itself. Good people. Recommended unequivocally.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #25

Rv.net has worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catonine View Post
Patriot 4, you need to post this over at RVNET.com and see what happens. Lemonis normally sees these and gets someone in touch with you real quickly. Anyway, sorry about your problem. If you are like me you have enough without these folks piling more on.
Thank you so much for this info. Within and hour of posting on RV.net I had a call from GS and I am working with a lead facilitator and Review Board Member to get this resolved. Dang shame it had to come to this but they are stepping up and have already cut me a check for part of the bill and working on the rest. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #26

Insurance makes me feel so warm and fussy!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #27

Well Good Sam has come through in the end. They have agreed to pay charges for those things authorized, even the AC which was a disputed item since the inspector didn't come out to witness the cause for repair. Total paid out is amounting to about what I paid in premiums. That plus what I would have owed anyway and the deductible covers the charges.
I have to say their Facilitator Team was excellent. Too bad the claims folks have different guidelines for customer service. Deny Deny Deny is pretty much the industry standard for insurance companies.
So we came out of this whole and we're happy. Thank you all for your posts and suggestions.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #28

That's great news, now get in touch with www.wholesalewarranties.com and you won't have to worry about the deniers.