Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-11-2014, 05:39 AM   #43
Winnebago Owners Club
I will apologize for using the word "whining" as that is probably what offended you. Seems everybody in todays society is "offended" by something and has hurt feelings. My only point was that you obviously had a problem and a complaint but you were not (or did not mention) taking it to the place where it could be addressed and taken care of. Many is the time on these forums you can see a complaint about a company or service and no actual action taken with the folks who could fix the problem. Sorry you took anything as being nasty - that was not the intention. To give you some background, I have been a member of Good Sam since it's inception and, in fact, was issued Charter Member #0052. But the GS of those days and the one of today are completely different animals. I have had many contacts with the club over the years and, like you, most of the recent ones have not been anything to brag about but twice recently they did live up to their advertising on a problem I brought to them. As I said in my previous post, I probably will not renew with them on the insurance or roadside assistance but will keep a membership and my travel assistance plan because it is something I am more likely to need. I look at Good Sam these days as just another company trying to peddle something but I live near a Camping World store which is very convenient to access for special RV needs. And with that, I leave this thread as I have no problems that need to be posted here.

joanbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #44
Monaco Owners Club
Put aside a set amount each month for emergencies and you will, in the long run, save a lot of money over an ESP premium
If this were true everyone would take your advise but the real truth is that these motorhomes can unexpectedly hit you in the pocket for 5 times the esp premium and this is why people purchase the piece of mind esp. Cant speak for good Sam's esp but there are alot of good ones out there. Good sam roadside....... they will send you help but I think next time I will try to do some legwork before calling them because they are not very good at it.

2008 HR 340 Cummins, Vacationer XL
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:57 AM   #45
Good Sam Roadside Horror Service

It could be worse. This guy could show up to tow your MH. Wonder what he charges?

TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:55 AM   #46
Originally Posted by Cspringsrv View Post
I have heard that GS severely low balls the towing companies and that is why they can't get anyone to tow for for them. I was going to sign up with them at the start of this summer, but research online had too many complaints just like yours. If you can't get a tow in a major city like Denver imagine trying to get one in the middle of the Arizona desert. Any service that leaves you high and dry won't get my business. Hope your repair wasn't too costly and you are back on the road soon.
I have also heard that GS is low balling the tow companies since Marcus Leonis took over and they won't go on a tow unless it is convenient and business is slow. I'm switching to Coach Net as soon as my GS expires.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:09 AM   #47
Mid Atlantic Campers
too late

Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
I just removed my GS Roadside Service renewal payment from the out going mail. I had even upgraded to their " best " coverage. I have not seen this kind of story about CaochNet on any of the forums so...CoachNet it is!! THANKS for the post about your trouble with GS.
I wish we had read this before we signed up with GS. Maybe since it is suppose to be a business that crosses state lines there is an insurance regulatory commission to file complaints with
1997 Safari Trek
onespotleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #48
Wow! I have GS Roadside assistance but have not had the misfortune of using the service. I will cancel it tomorrow morning!!!

ALTesch is offline   Reply With Quote