Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
I recieved a call from Good Sam yesterday regarding a quote that we requested. The Rep told me that the policy covers the house and generator for $800.00 per year. You should verify this with GS.

Del & Lori & Millie, (our miniature Aussie) 2007 Diplomat 40PDQ - 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, US Gear Unified Tow Brake.
hardy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
National RV Owners Club
It depends on the plan you purchase from GS CSP. When we bought our 2001 Tradewinds in 2004 it had 13,000 miles on it. The dealer talked me into the CSP from GS. I think it was called the Gold Plan and actually covered leaks. It was a 3 yr 36000 mile plan, perhaps only through a dealer. I had the dash air repaired, 3 levelor leaks repaired, 1 replaced, the microwave/convection oven repaired, the VDC replaced, rear transmission seal replaced, retractable stairs repaired once and the motor replaced later, shurflow water pump replaced, water heater electric thingee repaired and never had a problem or hesitation in them paying directly to CW, Freightliner, Allison Tranny shop, three different rv repair facilities. My deductable was $50.00. When it ran out I contacted them direct to continue but they would only go a year with 500.00 deductable and the years cost was more then 1/2 of what I paid for 3 yrs through Beaudry RV in Tucson. I now have a set amount sitting in a CD to cover any repairs we may need. Check with the dealer you bought it from and see if they can get the GS CSP Gold Plan with 50.00 deductable for you, ofcourse they would have to certify the coach is up to GS standards for it to qualify. If you want more info on the plan I had let me know.

Joe & Angie
Shih Tzu's Cookie & Rocky
2001 Tradewinds 7390 2011 CRV EX-L Navi w/ RoadMaster FuseMaster
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #17
This last summer we traded up for a used MH and I looked at CW's extended service plan. As soon as I got to the part that said "pre existing conditions KNOWN OR UNKNOWN are not covered" I was done with that! It also did not cover the radiator, CAC, or the turbo. They want a lot of money to cover the smaller repairs.
whmprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #18
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is not the same plan that I had. Mine had a list of items covered. If the failed part wasn't on the list, bad luck. This looks much better.
2001 Winnebago Adventurer, 35U, W-20 8.1
F+R Trac bars, F+R sway bars, SafTsteer, F Sumo Springs, 4 Koni FSDs
bruceh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #19
Monaco Owners Club
I bought their gold plan last month on my 12 year old motorhome. I only had about one more month left before it was too old to qualify for their plan. All my appliances are original and 12 years old. My plan ran $1,400. I throughly read the contract. You can do your own maintenance, just keep a log and receipts for items purchased. I do this anyway. I certainly understand why they exclude pre-existing conditions. If they didn't, someone would discover a big problem and buy their plan to get it repaired. I get my yearly maintenance done by a shop anyway, so there is not a problem there with "proof". I don't currently have any issues and hope to never use it. But, the peace of mind is worth something to me.

I have a friend that bought this plan when they bought their MH new in 2004. She has used it 5 times for various issues like converter, water pump, generator (2X), and AC. They never questioned any of the repairs and paid the shop direct. She has been very pleased with it.

As one person mentioned in this thread, it is an insurance policy, not a warranty. It is regulated by the insurance commissioners in various states. This is stated in the contract. One thing that is excluded is the awning. I read somewhere that awnings are the number one repair item (by frequency) on a motorhome. I don't doubt it. Especially now that they have become more complex with electric deployment. Also, wiring is not covered. I imagine replacing wiring inside of a wall or the engine wiring harness would be quite expensive when you consider the labor involved. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to happen very often.
Smyrna GA
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:43 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just had a Good Sam CSP claim denied. I've had the plan for almost 3 years now.

The dash A/C clutch bearing was making noise (it disappeared when the clutch was engaged). The repair shop ultimately said because of rust the clutch could not be removed from the compressor without damage. A new compressor and clutch was installed. Bill was $766.

The claim was denied, not because of not contacting them first- but because my deductible ($250) was higher than the failed part-- a clutch bearing. I frankly thought the same thing when we (the repair shop and I), agreeded the clutch bearing was the culprit and they agreed to just replace the bearing. Two days later when I called the shop, a new compressor had already been installed.

Good luck,
Max H,
2002 Newmar Mountain Aire, 37', 3778, W-22, 8.1 Vortac, Ultra Power upgrade, CAI (cold air intake), Taylor wires, colder plugs, Koni shocks.
Max Hubrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #21
Newmar Owners Club
Unhappy Good Sam Warranty Plan

I checked into Good Sam Warranty and decided against it when I looked at the policy. Too many loopholes for them to get out of paying.
1940 ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
I have CSP coverage. I was at the Monaco factory in Indiana the week before they closed. I asked the service writers which extended warranty plans do you have the fewest problems getting approvals. They all agreed that they had fewer problems with CSP warranties then any other. I had a feeling that Monaco was not doing well and decided to purchase the coverage because I knew Monaco would not be around to take care of any future warranty issues. I have not had to use my policy so far but I’ve heard very good things from people that had to use their CSP coverage. You can get your entire cost back having one slide removed, repaired and replaced.
Dave & Kathy Cramer (Full Timers) AF CMSgts, Ret
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ
2003 Honda Odyssey, Toad Stop Braking System
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #23
Winnebago Owners Club
GS warranty...

Originally Posted by ninos View Post
What do you guys think about the good same warranty plan, I have a 2006 discovery and Its got 22000 miles 4 slides and I got a price quote from good same for a service plan and It would cost $879.00 for the year with a five hundred dollar deductible, do you guys think Its worth me getting this plan or you think the RV Is still to new to get this plan and It will be a waste of money, thanks Joe.
I do not have the GS warranty, but I do have their road service. I used it last night for the first time. My large awning came loose in a night of severe winds. It opened up and would not retract. I called GS road service and they came out within an hour. Found the awning was totaled, but the service man worked on it until he rolled it up by hand and then tied
the awing to the coach. I was very impressed and wished that I had the warranty also. The call out was covered, but because I did not have the warranty It cost $170 for the labor. It was worth it to me. The only bad thing that I have heard about the GS warranty is that it does not cover any electrical wiring.

I asked the fella what warranty was best because his company goes out for all different warranty and road service calls. He said that without a doubt the best warranty service is CoachNet. He has seen them replace things like batteries without charge when no other company will do that.

2008 Itasca Latitude 39W. Cummins ISB 6.7 Turbo 340HP. Allison 6 Speed. Freightliner XCS. Michelin XRV 255/80R 22.5 LRG. SuperSteer MCU. Safe-T-Plus.
azloafer is offline   Reply With Quote