Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2006, 06:58 AM   #1

We have a 07 Endeaver on order and have questions on how difficult it is to change from GPS to Aladdin
Jim and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2006, 06:58 AM   #2

We have a 07 Endeaver on order and have questions on how difficult it is to change from GPS to Aladdin
Old 11-17-2006, 09:35 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jim and Linda -

Welcome to irv2 and congrats on the impending addition. We're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Enjoy the forums and post often, and when you want to be a official member of the Monaco forum, and not just a new member of irv2, let me know.

I'm not sure I understand your questions, could you perhaps expand a bit on what you're asking?

Thanks!
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Jim and Linda to irv2
Congrats on your new Endeaver
I'm going to jump this down into a tech forum below you can get your answers either place.
Enjoy the forums and post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #5

if you have the gps on and want to check your engine performance or use the back up camera is it easy to switch back and forth?
Old 11-18-2006, 05:01 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know the details for a 07 Endeavor, but in most systems that share the display like that it takes only the push of a physical button or a menu selection from the display itself. You don't have to swap wires or anything silly like that.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:38 AM   #7

Thanks to 007, Ronboc and Gary for your info.
I am turning 74 in a few weeks and have decided to retire and travel the rest of my life. I have never owned any type of camping vehicle and have never went camping. we are purchasing a 07 38 foot Endeaver PDQ and are picking it up in Indiana right befor Christmas or after New Years. Headed south to Florida for three months and then go up the east coast snd zig zag to every state on our way back to California. No exact schedule to do any thing. I would be interested in seeing manufacturing and scenic places.
I have a lot of questions that the dealership couldn't explain the operation to operate lot of items, just trying to learn what I can.

Or should we forget the whole thing due to my age?
Old 11-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Joe and Linda -

Due to 'what' age? With your ambition, enthusiasm and goals, I'd say it should keep you busy (and young) for a long long long time to come.

Keep on rolling!

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:47 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not in your life time you have just begun, I'll be pushing 74 next year and the fun has just begun.
Three years ago Doc gave me 12 hours, after operation he gave me 30 yrs so I went out and got us a new MH, why not I say.
If you have any questions just ask us we will be here.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:35 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Jim, it sounds like your new coach may have the Pioneer AVIC-N1 DVD Navigation unit in the dash. It has a pop up lcd screen where you can do many things. To answer your question you can toggle between functions and even use a split screen for navigation and other funtions at the same time. It quite the complex piece of equipement and comes with a couple of disk to show and teach you how to use it. I would ask the dealer to have ready a good tech that can go through the basics with you on this system. I would also recommend video taping the walk thru if you can as a new RVer there will be many things to learn and it is very easy to forget how untill you have done them a few times. Make plans to stay at the dealer for a couple of days incase you can't figure out something or you have a problem that needs adjusting or fixing. Good luck and welcome to our website.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:14 AM   #11

thanks Mike, we intend to stay in that area for a few days. Also I am asking Monaco for brochure on the gps and a few other items. I dont know if they will provide anything before delivery. It is supposed to be off line on 12 27 06, but more likely after the first of year.