Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heres a Pic of the "T" setup I used.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Propane T (2).jpg
Views:	116
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	20183
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-55
Love my Q200 but it wouldn't get very hot this season . . . googled and found suggestions about turning on the gas supply several minutes BEFORE trying to light the grill to allow the extension hose to fully pressurize. No help . . . tried the small propane bottle direct (no hose), still didn't work.

Called the Weber help line and they were excellent! Turns out the regulator had gone bad and they sent me a new one, no charge. Easy replacement, works great again!!!

A real pleasure doing business with a company that stands behind their product!
Wish i'd called them. Damned regulator is 35bucks, and backordered!

Maybe after lunch i'll call wewber, get a free one, and cancel the backorder?
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Another vote for the Weber...we have the Baby Q. (100). We use a regular 20 lb. bottle. I really like the throw away drip pans(I line them with aluminum foil and throw that away). After we finish using it, I turn up the heat and brush the goo off...easy to clean IMO. Also like the heavy cast aluminum construction. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
Wish i'd called them. Damned regulator is 35bucks, and backordered!

Maybe after lunch i'll call wewber, get a free one, and cancel the backorder?

They were on backorder when I called too, she gave me a ship date about 2 weeks later, it shipped in one week.

Not sure how long after purchase they'll send it out for free. My grill was about 18 months old and I was honest about that. She did ask for some numbers off the label on the grill. I don't know if that was for getting the correct part or verifying warranty??

Based on my experience, I'd just call and be honest about it . . . ask why you found out some people are getting it for free? I think they know that there are some bad regulators out there and want to protect their reputation.

I did email the woman in customer service who helped me, told her that it arrived and thanked her . . . I also told her I bought my Weber based on recommendations from iRV2.com members and that I was posting here about Weber's great customer service.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had a number of grills over the years that we took along but the Weber Q 100 is by far the best of the lot.
IRVTrekin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #34

Alpine Owners Club
We have had our Weber Baby-Q for almost 8 years. We ordered the flip out shelves. I have had the regulator replaced once at N/C. Replaced it again last year. Their customer service is excellent. I like that we can get replacement parts. The grill is not a throw away.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #35

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Weber Q. The size depends on the number of people to feed. LOL We have had ours now for 7 years and it works great. I still use the little throw away bottles, but do have the line that I can connect to a regular cylinder.
JM2CW
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #36

Alpine Owners Club
I forgot to add; Patty bought me two 1 1/2 gallon propane tanks. They last a couple of months using the grill every weekend. I keep one small propane tank for emergencies...like when I leave the grill running.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #37

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do you store the tanks n the basement? Are they fine their while stored?
Reddemab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #38

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have two grills, one is a coleman road trip, and though there are advantages to this unit it is a touch "Anemic" when it comes to BTU's. (Cooking speed)

I have a table top I got at a deep discount store that is much nicer, Speed (Heat) wise but ... Well,,, I like the coleman better.

I carry both.

Next time.. I'll be looking to other brands but the coleman is still in very good condition.

Another thing about the coleman, This uses standard "Stove type" burners (round rings) and reflector pans. the pans are a real.. er.. witch, to clean and they do get crudded up something fierce.

I found a way to return the shine to them.. .Angle grinder, cup brush and shaft extension.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #39

Blue Rhino portable gas grill is aces. Bought it at Lowes.
msp1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Love my portable Holland Grill Companion $250.00 NO FLARE UPS. (you have to know how to use them) Have one at home and 1 in the RV. I wont have no other.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddemab View Post
Do you store the tanks n the basement? Are they fine their while stored?
Been carrying two 20 pounders in the fwd curb side compartment for over two years with a piece of cardboard in between them...they're fine. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #42

Check out the Stowaway at this web site - Fleming Sales - Grils

It came built in on my coach from the factory along with a quick disconnect from my on board LP tank. It's stainless steel and stows away in the top of a basement compartment. When in use, it slides out and up for easy access. I've tried other mentioned here, but this is my favorite by far. As soon as you're ready to grill, it takes less than a minute to have the grill ready.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote