Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2015, 07:21 PM   #1

Grill Adapter/Connector

Is there an adapter or connector that can be attached to my main propane tank so I can connect our grill without carrying additional 20 lb. tanks? I already have a hose extension. Chuck

chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
Is there an adapter or connector that can be attached to my main propane tank so I can connect our grill without carrying additional 20 lb. tanks? I already have a hose extension. Chuck
Yes there is. It is a Female Quick Connector that goes on the hose and couples to the male end on the grill. It is designed such that you cannot turn on the propane until it is coupled.
I have mine teed into the 1/2" pipe that supplies the fridge which is after the regulator. If your grill has a regulator, you need to tie in before the reg OR if you go in after the reg as I did, you need to remove the reg on the grill and install the male connector.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #3

Didn't take the pic, let's try again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	386.1 KB
ID:	100439  
Old 07-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #4

Any link to a source? Chuck
Old 07-17-2015, 07:40 PM   #5

I understand the quick connect and see that it has an on/off valve. But what about the T when this isn't connected? Chuck
Old 07-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #6

I have a gas valve tied into the tee on the 1/2" line to the fridge. I put this in just in case I need to remove the extension hose for any reason and don't have to shut off the valve at the tank.
The extension hose is tied into the gas valve and stays in place. The quick couple is on the end of the hose and as said previous, gas will not flow until it is coupled and then the little black handle can be turned on to supply propane to the grill. PM me if you wish and I will send you photos and a drawing.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:58 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
There are kits made for just this purpose. A "T" that goes in before or after the regulator. Before if you needhigh pressure and after if you need low pressure. The test is, does your grill have a regulator. If yes before if no then after.

LEN
Old 07-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a device called an Extend-a-stay, made by Marshall Brass.
Sadly it is no longer made but there is another device,, I think it is sold under the Mr. heater and/or Camco labels which is identical IF you ask any OLD Rv store clerk for the Extend-a-stay he will know what it is, Younger pups ask for the Stay-a-while.

It has.. Gas inlet (POL on mine) and outlet (POL)
Gas inlet (Designed to work with a short extension hose supplied) for feeding motor home from external tank
Gas Outlet (Quick Connect, looks like the top of a throw-away bottle)
for use with 10' Hose also included.. Get 2nd hose Hose has the same "outlet" for a grill designed to run off a bottle you may need an additioal adapter (RV stors will have) this one connects to the hose and has an ACME fitting to match the hose on the grill.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:00 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I have a device called an Extend-a-stay, made by Marshall Brass.
Sadly it is no longer made but there is another device....
Be Happy! It's still made, available, and for sale! However, there are now many more competitors!

Check out page 123 of their Full Product Catalog, under Camping Tees.

Or, Page 12 or their RV Parts and Accesories catalog.

Tags
ada