Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2006, 05:45 PM   #1

Can anyone tell me what the wierd thread is on the air inlet to these horns? It is too small for 3/8 NPT and 1/4 Npt falls right into it? Is it some metric size?
The horn number is H00984J
Thanks for the help
Kent
KentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2006, 05:45 PM   #2

Can anyone tell me what the wierd thread is on the air inlet to these horns? It is too small for 3/8 NPT and 1/4 Npt falls right into it? Is it some metric size?
The horn number is H00984J
Thanks for the help
Kent
Old 12-31-2006, 06:16 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Kent, Sorry but I don't have an answer to your quesitons. But I have a 2005 Dolphin and I didn't realize until after my warranty was gone that my roof horns do not work. Was wondering if these are air horns or electrical?
Old 12-31-2006, 06:34 PM   #4

On mine, they are electrical. I have removed them to add these air horns. I can't locate any fuse for those horns but I wondered if mine were working, so I disconnected the two little horns hidden near the motor and sure enough they were working. But they were barely as loud as the horns that came with the chassis.
Kent
Old 12-31-2006, 10:24 PM   #5

KentM, Here's Hadley's site: http://www.hadley-products.com/catal...d=divdtl&div=4

You might want to go there and click on the "Contact Us" and ask them, perhaps they can help.

Good Luck, Jim

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:10 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Based on past experience, if the Hadleys are just louder than your regular horns, something is wrong. Check to see if you are getting a full "blast" from the air compressor or if there is an air leak in the lines.

The horns usually are good. The problems I am aware of for the horns are all associated with the valve being clogged from water condensation.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:21 AM   #7

What I was referring to was the large electrical horns that I thought were not working. The Hadley horns don't work because I can't figure out what thread they are using to pipe the air to them. I have already consulted the web site but there is no data there that I could find. And they have closed up the whole operation for the holidays.
So I will have to wait until Weds to get someone there.
Kent
Old 01-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kent, all of the Hadley Air horns I have installed use 1/4 compression fittings to install the 1/4 inch plastic air line from the Air Tank to the Horns. You can buy these fittings at most Hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowes, etc..
Good Luck - Glenn
Old 01-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #9

I initially bought a male 1/4 npt fitting only to see it fall right into the hole. This horn set must be something strange as there is a
"7/16" embossed right into the base. But I have never heard of 7/16 pipe thread. Maybe it is some metric size. Hopefully, Hadley will be back in the office tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:59 AM   #10

After consulting with Hadley, I find that the thread for the airline is indeed a 7/16" thread. I was referred to a place called Component Products Group, there I was able to order the kits that will correct that size to 1/4" compression.
PROBLEM SOLVED ( at least on paper so far)
Kent
Old 01-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #11

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FloraBama:
Kent, Sorry but I don't have an answer to your quesitons. But I have a 2005 Dolphin and I didn't realize until after my warranty was gone that my roof horns do not work. Was wondering if these are air horns or electrical? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must like the color of WHITE . Nice pic of all your toys.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:30 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george henry:
You must like the color of WHITE . Nice pic of all your toys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We didn't actually plan it this way but it just happened. BTW, we also have a white dog.