Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #1
Has anyone installed small led type lights in the valances/window frames?

I have always liked the look of extra soft lighting. I have seen different types where it is located in the window frame or behind the valance or even along the ceiling.

I am looking for idea's and material that people have used to update their motorhomes.

John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
Rope LED lights will work. My Country Coach has them. Not sure if they've been on from new, but they all still work...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜

UncleBilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:14 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've installed soft white LED strip lights along the ceiling/wall joint moldings, and also under the wall cabinets in the bedroom. And some decorative multi-color LED strip across the dash facing the windshield, just to have some fun lights visible from the outside.

Let your imagination run wild!
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #4
I've installed LED outside in the entertainment center and under the coach. I'm thinking about putting some inside..... I'm also looking at EL wire for that application. I bought some from E bay ( China) and it works and looks nice. Come in a multitude of colors and ha a very gentle glow to it.
2013 DS 4338
2015 F-150 toad with kayaks,bicycles and a Harley in the back
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:56 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just ordered some for under the valance and cupboards in the kitchen area and down the hall to the bathroom. Warm white.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:23 AM   #6
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
12 VDC peal the stick LED strip lights are pretty inexpensive on Amazon. About $2.50 a foot and really simple to install. You can get even fancier and add a controller to dim the lights for less than $5. I did my awning with water proof LEDs and a controller. Really nice to be able to turn off the lights from inside the coach or dim them down if I want.

Amazon.com: LEŽ Mini Remote Controller for Single Color LED Strip Lights, RF Dimmer for 12 V DC LED Light Strips, 12A, Wireless Remote Control for All Dimmable 3528 5050 LED Strip: Home Improvement
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #7
Country Coach Owners Club
Our rig came with them and they still work.

Seldom use them.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote

install, led, light, lights, window