Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
When I park my unit in storage, I turn all electric from the batteries off because there is no power at the storage unit that I use and I don't want to end up with dead batteries. The manuals seem to indicate that the entire setup procedure would have to be done over. At this point in time we are weekenders until my wife retires, so I would have to go through the setup procedure each weekend trip. If one of the receivers had a backup battery, I would be OK, but I don't see that. Have I missed something; does one brand have a back-up system when all power is off?
All you would need to do is take the monitor and 12V charger cord with you on a trip in your car, every few weeks or so, to keep it charged up. It will be out of range of course but will remember the settings and work fine as soon as you take it with you on a trip in the RV. That's what I do.

Just think of it as another portable device that needs regular recharging, like your cell phone, laptop, camera, cordless mouse, etc. I have an entire gadget bag full of that stuff whenever I travel, complete with chargers, usb cables, etc.... what's one more thing, right?

I can't comment on what to do if you need a repeater; I don't have one.

Bob

If you're in a hurry, you shouldn't be RV'ing
RVee'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Bob and RVee'r , Now I have the info that I need to make a decision.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:41 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
I ordered one and got an email it shipped on January 19. I'm still waiting for it.
I finally got Friday, Jan 29.
I'm replacing my PressurePro with it. The PressurePro works great. I'm replacing it because you have to replace the sensors when the batteries run down. It's five years old and the batteries are still ok. I don't know how much longer they will last. If anyone is interested I'll sell it cheap. Send me a private email.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:53 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
I finally got Friday, Jan 29.
I'm replacing my PressurePro with it. The PressurePro works great. I'm replacing it because you have to replace the sensors when the batteries run down. It's five years old and the batteries are still ok. I don't know how much longer they will last. If anyone is interested I'll sell it cheap. Send me a private email.
PressurePro has been sold.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #47

Great posts Rveer,
Thanks for all the info.
But here is the thing, checking tires have been a PITA all around for me, I got 3 tire check gauges and none seem to do the job right or easy at all. I got a simple one, a dual foot 45 degrees one and I guess I need one that is dual foot but not 45 degree. Access to the valves are ok not perfect but doable, I wonder it there will be enough room to install the monitors sensors. Do you have pix of them after installation?
On the front wheels not sure it will fit with the chrome thingy, by the way I got a Kodiak chassis.
Thanks again for your posts.
Mo
Old 02-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I know what you mean about checking the air on the inner tires, mine is a pain also. I used to have braided flexible valve extensions on the inner wheels but they were alway leaking, and I mean all the way down to zero. I used to have to pump them up for every trip but they would go flat overnight. I removed them, put the sensors on and haven't had to adjust the air pressure (on any of the tires) since installation. I still need to use the extension on the inner valves because I can't get any of the three pressure gauges I own on the valve for a proper reading, nor can I get my air pump nozzle on them. I couldn't even get my hand in the hole in the wheel to screw on the sensor, I had to have my g/f do it, with her smaller hands.

I can't tell you for sure if the sensors will fit your wheels but they aren't all that huge, so probably. I'll take some photos this weekend of mine on the wheels and post 'em for you.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #49

Freightliner Owners Club
I got my system delivered last week and put the sensors on my Jeep to test things out last night. Set up was very easy.

With 2+ feet of snow on the ground, putting them on the MH will have to wait a few weeks...
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #50

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well while at the Houston RV Show spoke with a gentlemen with bestrvstuff and he ran down the system to me very nice, I had found the basic system thru one of my overseas vendors so ordering mine from overseas but pretty sure the same system. Will keep everyone posted on how it works out since ordering overseas is about half price.

Unit is nice and compact.
gresults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:54 AM   #51

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here are some pictures from the overseas vendor..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JET-400C.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	2985  
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #52

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, here's pics of mine "on the hoof". I forgot to mention (because I forgot I did this ) that I put the braided valve extensions back on for the outer rear wheels. Only the inner ones leaked, on both sides... go figure. I'll yank the outer ones if they start leaking, but so far so good.

So, you can see on the front wheel the sensor peeks out from hole in the wheel cover. I would have to pull the cover to remove the sensor & attach an air pump, obviously.

On the rear wheels, I've provided a photo of the whole setup, after pulling the wheel cover. You can see there's plenty of clearance for the inner wheel for the sensor, just not enough for my ham-hand to get in there to screw it on. And you can see the bracket still attached to one of the bolts on the hub, for the removed valve extension. And then, of course, you can see the sensor attached to the end of the valve extension for the outer wheel.

Hope this helps you decide.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	2998   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	2999  

Old 02-14-2010, 05:57 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVee'r View Post
Ok, here's pics of mine "on the hoof". I forgot to mention (because I forgot I did this ) that I put the braided valve extensions back on for the outer rear wheels. Only the inner ones leaked, on both sides... go figure. I'll yank the outer ones if they start leaking, but so far so good.

So, you can see on the front wheel the sensor peeks out from hole in the wheel cover. I would have to pull the cover to remove the sensor & attach an air pump, obviously.

On the rear wheels, I've provided a photo of the whole setup, after pulling the wheel cover. You can see there's plenty of clearance for the inner wheel for the sensor, just not enough for my ham-hand to get in there to screw it on. And you can see the bracket still attached to one of the bolts on the hub, for the removed valve extension. And then, of course, you can see the sensor attached to the end of the valve extension for the outer wheel.

Hope this helps you decide.

Bob
thank you much for the pix
Mo
Old 02-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #54

When I purchased my system the seller told me that I probalbly would not need the signal booster but if I did he would ship it to me just for the cost of the booster. I'm in a 40 foot motor home. I don't need the signal booster for my tow car.

I too didn't like the window mount, but a piece of velcrow worked just fine.

Michael

2005 Dutch Star 40'
Old 02-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #55
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gresults View Post
Here are some pictures from the overseas vendor..
gresults

Did you get it yet?

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #56

Workhorse Chassis Owner
KInda out it on the back burner,and looking at differnet type