Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Has anyone actually taken a trip with these on. Any alarms going off through the night? How about in the morning when the unit turns on without touching it? Any false sensor or battery alarms? Any rapid air loss alarms when the pressure is still recording 100+ lbs? I am not writing this off yet, but on a month long trip in Feb we experienced all of these. I will make it very clear that I think this is a good unit and am not bashing it at all. Just want to know if others have experienced any problems, am I doing something wrong or is it possible I have some sort of interference.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #58

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I just returned from a 2K mile trip after installing my units. I have 12 sensors, 8 on the coach and 4 0n the toad. I have the battery operated extra transmitter. I have intermittently received a no sensor warnings on the rear duals (inner), tag, and toad. I talked with the tech support person and he suggested installing new batteries in the extra transmitter. When I opened the unit I was stunned to find that I had not put in the batteries initially. I installed the batteries and am pleased to say that I have not had any irregular/lost signals since that time, approx 800 miles.
When talking to the tech he also advised me to turn the unit off when not checking tire pressures or driving as once I did receive an alarm in the early evening...alarm was for a missing sensor. During the first 500 miles I did receive a false warning for low pressure and high temperature. The low pressure warning was on one of my rear tires and I suspect it was because of the no battery situation. The high temperature warning was resolved by increasing the desired tire pressure from 100 to 105 psi (even though my actual tire pressure is 100 psi). This is mentioned in the instructions as a measure to avoid false alarms.
So after my DUH on the batteries and the other adjustments the final 800 miles were to my satisfaction. The tech also said that I was one of the few to install the locks...he said that they had never received a notice of a missing sensor due to theft.
The two remaining issues are where and how to mount the main transmitter and where to mount the batttery operated extra transmitter.

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Some one told me that the negative of the HH system is that the sensors "sleep" when the vehicle is parked. That means if you look at the monitor in the morning before traveling, you're looking at yesterdays data.
Is this your experience?

Jim
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #60

True, after a days traveling and the unit is turned off when turned back on it reflects the last data. I turn my unit on when I e
get up on the morning of departure and before I start stowing things to leave the unit has updated to the current pressure/temperature. So far this has worked for me.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' View Post
True, after a days traveling and the unit is turned off when turned back on it reflects the last data. I turn my unit on when I e
get up on the morning of departure and before I start stowing things to leave the unit has updated to the current pressure/temperature. So far this has worked for me.
So you don't have to move the MH before the sensors "wake-up"? Just turn the monitor on?

Thanks!

Jim
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #62

That's how my system works. At first I was surprised to see previous days readings after experimenting I settled on turning power on and letting it update as I prepared to hit the road. I'm still learning the system. the tech support folks have been helpful each time I've called.