Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmills003 View Post
Was I abandoned because I have a pull behind trailer and not an rv?
Why do you say that? You have received a few suggestions on here as well as read what others, including me have done. And I believe a trailer you camp in is also regarded as an RV.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
You will have to read your filter to see what it removes. It probably needs to be replaced anyway.

Don't know anything about skirting.

LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #17

FWIW I think people just ran out of ideas.

There are two reasons you can be getting a draft.

As folks have pointed out seals can be an issue. If you find a breeze coming from somewhere that is probably your problem and can be calked/stuffed/taped etc.

The second reason for a draft is cool surfaces. Windows are notorious but walls can do it too. The basic issue is warm room air hits the cold vertical surface thus cooling off. The cooler air then sinks to the floor to be replaced by more warm room air which cool sinking to be replace and on and on. If the air is moist it also deposits frost because cool air holds less moisture.

The ways to deal with that is insulation and control. Insulation lets the inner surface get warmer so less cooling takes place thus less of a draft. At least part of that is a factor of your wall insulation and single vs double pane windows. Any window insulation helps. Drapes to the floor confine the cool air, short drapes feed the mechanism. Closed tops on the curtains create an air pocket that minimizes the action. A strategically placed heater might help but do not heat the walls hotter than you can comfortably hold your hand on. The idea is to run warm air up the wall to counter any cool coming down. Another thing that can be done with small children is to use a heavy blanket or similar to block the wall side of a playpen or crib leaving a few inches of air space then the blanket on the side of the playpen. Turn the corner a foot or so with the blanket. (An inexpensive alternative to a blanket might be poly fleece off a roll.) The idea is to keep the warm room air in the container with the cool draft flowing away to mix back into room air.

Good luck, have fun working at the puzzle.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
You will have to read your filter to see what it removes. It probably needs to be replaced anyway.

Don't know anything about skirting.
Huh?
Old 11-05-2015, 03:15 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
With the slide out get pull the couch ahead and get the wife to hold a strong light around the edges of the slide (and the bottom). You go outside and look for light. Have roll of duct tape and mark where you see light. Where you see light you have a problem, the more light the bigger the problem.

Something is obviously not sealing and you have to identify the problem before you can fix it.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmills003 View Post
Was I abandoned because I have a pull behind trailer and not an rv?
Mr Mills;
You have to learn patience. I hope you are not as hard on your flock as you are on the members of the forum. This is a large forum and not everyone reads everything. Sometimes it is your heading that catches folks attention, sometimes not.

While your problem is very important to you, this is the first day I saw it.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:31 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #22

Gulf Streamers Club
Welcome to the forum. The reference to this is not a MH might be because your question is posted in the MH section of the forum. Probably a good idea to post here because a slide is a slide. You should also post in the travel trailer section, if you have not already done so. Most of the people reading there will have travel trailers just like most of the people reading in the MH section will have MHs. Just a friendly suggestion.

And my MH has no slide and I have never had one. So cannot help you there. I do like the suggestion of waiting until dark and using a light inside and looking outside for places where the light shines thru. Good luck.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #23

American Coach Owners Club
I think that you have some good suggestions for resolving the draft. For the water no one would be able to definitively state whether you were good or not without knowing exactly the brand and model of your filter.

If you are looking to deal with most things then you will need a solid 2 stage filter and most likely a portable water softener. That should get rid of most stuff that one would encounter.

You can find decent filters on Camping World, Amazon, etc.

HTH,
SubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:50 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
I agree. When its dark outside turn on all your lights inside your TT . Go outside and visually inspect the area around the slide and don't neglect to check the underside of the TT also.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #25

Thanks to all

I am not use to actually working with forums, first time for everything. All had great suggestions, so I think all for that.

I will have to learn to navigate the forums for sure, it seemed the forums could help a lot in my situation. Learning the ropes.

I will see if I can find the trailer section. Or the pull behind trailer. MH must mean mobile home? Is that short or another ame for 5th wheel or motor home. Camper with engine?
Old 11-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #26

MH motor home.

5th wheel = fiver

FWIW sometimes with general questions like this one you will get more answers than if you confine yourself to a particular type. The downside is somebody will always ask why you did not go to a more focused forum. There they will ask why you did not go to a more general forum. Ignore both.